symptoms

Options
riamandry74
riamandry74 Member Posts: 2
edited 29. Mar 2013, 15:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
I am 38 and have arthritis in my ankle, hip, neck. I ve been passed around various medical depts. I currently manage it myself. I often have muscle weakness and aches. At night I ofte feel overheated and achy like fluish symptoms. Im then exhausted from lack of sleep. Are these symptoms of arthritis? ?

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hello riamandry74
    And welcome to the the forum
    Its so hard to say what is down to arthritis and what is not, must say I have the nights sweats...if I was you I would ask your GP to refer you to a rhyumy..there are lots of conditions that can show up has weakness in the muscles.
    The one thing that comes to mind is fibromialgia..this causes muscle pain..has for the tiredness this can be down to the pain and not sleeping.
    Please go and see your GP for something to help you sleep..this in itself can be a big help
    I do hope you get some answers very soon..this arthritis is so blinking complex...good luck x
    Love
    Barbara
  • wynnie
    wynnie Member Posts: 117
    Options
    hello riamandry
    i will try and answer some of your questions as you have asked ,i also have rheumatoid arthritis and the night sweats are really bad but im also 53 ,could it be the menopause ? mu ankles ache for scotland i cant walk on cobbles ,uneven ground and its a nightmare just now as we have deep snow ,if you have not been sleeping then you will be tired through the day with arthritist or any illness i suppose ,maybe you need something to relax you at night ,i agree with barbara you need to go and see a rheumatologist and they will advise you the best treatment for you ,hope you get everything sorted out soon good luck
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I hope we can help with information and support. A little more detail, however, would help us answer you better because you know stuff about you that we don't. :)

Who told you that you have arthritis and did they specify whether it was osteo or an auto-immune variety? Which hospital departments have you visited and, finally, what is your gender? I'm 54, female, have both types (oh frabjous day) and still experience day and night-sweats despite being at least three years post-menopause. I reckon pain makes me hot but that's only my theory. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • pringle
    pringle Member Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi riamandry74

I have 0/A in my hands and fingers ,,I also have Fibromyalgia which cause 's your muscle to ache, you can ache all over it can cause lots of different symptoms as well, the hot sweats are different to the menopause they seem to start in the legs and work up, skin rash ,fatigue , IBS, Reflux ,migraine don't sleep proper wake up many times during the night ,and many more , many times I feel like I am going to get a cold and don't ,at times it's hard to know which is the O/A or the Fibro , try and google Fibromyalgia and see if you fit any of the symptoms there is a lot :roll: .I would also make a appointment to see your Dr and ask to see a Rheumatologist ,take care
  • lizzy100
    lizzy100 Member Posts: 235
    Options
    they sound more like fibromyalgia symptoms. you dont get muscle aches and pains with arthritis. you can still get referred to a rheummatologist for a diagnosis though