acupan/nefopam 30mg

Options
lupin15
lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
edited 2. Apr 2013, 11:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi is anyone on this drug and out of interest how have they found it? Been given this to try as i have not been able to get on with any pain killers etc given to me. Have tried naprosin, tramodol and a few others but even with the stomach tablets i cannot managed any more than a couple of days. I have taken two this morning but have felt a little odd and REALLY SICK. Having said that the pain was low to none which was good. Wonder if it takes a while to adjust to meds?? Been warned not to take them at night as it could stop me sleeping..That bit is a bit of a pain as it is night time i have probs with waking up in pain when i am turning over. Any feedback would be great.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Lupin

I hadn't heard of it so looked it up.

I think it's a really good sounding medication sounds like it might suit me too!! (sneaky Toni :wink: ) One to bear in mind for the future i think.

Great the pain is lower a lot lower so worth perevering for a while maybe to see if it eases?? If not maybe a chat to the doc/pharmacist might be an idea??

Love

Toni xx
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Interesting drug.. only been able to take one tablet which last the day.. still feel a little murky head wise the next day but they do work.. no stomach probs at all. The only prob is it has effected me going to the toilet... having an odd sensation down there... small price to pay i think.. :)
    I am assuming by the lack of feed back no one has been given this drug???
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Lupin

I have never been on the drug but like Toni googled it. I was interested to read that you should tell all doctors, dentists and pharmacists who are treating you that you are taking ACUPAN.

Also that ACUPAN may cause dryness of the mouth. If this continues, speak to your dentist. Continued dryness of the mouth can increase the chance of dental disease, including tooth decay, gum disease and fungal infections.

A temporary harmless pink discolouration of the urine can occur and urinary retention may occur too but these side effects are rare.

I am sure you have read the leaflet in the med packet though.

I hope they work for you.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.