I Am Happy Today

Options
shandy4greenday
shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
edited 28. Mar 2013, 15:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
I decided to pop to town today to change my daughter's shoes as they were too big and really needed to get out for a bit despite the cold bothering my hands and wrists lately.After I changed the shoes I thought I would go in the centre to have a browse in the warm as I didn't want to go home too soon as all I would be doing is the usual.I thought I would pop into WHSmiths and look at some of the baking magazines I used to buy when I used to do more baking,while there I picked up my usual one I used to subscribe too,started flicking through it and right before my eyes what did I see but my Easter Cake I had baked from last year,well gob smacked is an underestimate of how I felt when I see that ,after all I had no idea it was going to be in there let alone the coincidence that I even looked at it,this has made my day today.Just to let you all know I will be doing my magazine signing in a few weeks so get your orders in before I get full. :lol:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    WOWEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shandy is famous :D

I am so proud of you!! Please do hint at teh name of teh mag and I will take a peek at your winning cake!

Love

Toni xxx
  • shandy4greenday
    Options
    It's 'Good To Know' page 42 The Chocolate One. :D
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Thanks I will defnitely have a peep :wink:

I finally have a claim to fame :D

love

Toni xx
  • shandy4greenday
    Options
    Hahaha!!!! I'm still waiting for my cut for using my cake,I guess when I asked for my cut they misread it thinking I meant a slice of cake :lol:
    Sharon x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    :D:D:D Elna likes this :D:D:D
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Get thee back in the kitchen, woman, 'cos I want one of them there cakes. :wink: Many congratulations, Shandy, what a wonderful surprise for you! Prepare yourselves Delia and Mary because there's some competition about! :) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • shandy4greenday
    Options
    Haha!!! Thanks I will try :)
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I'm blown away so I hope you were too! That's really amazing and what a pick me up moment. You're famous, how cool!
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter