Rather Silly

shandy4greenday
shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
edited 1. Apr 2013, 07:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
I just went to collect my Meth from the chemist,I have arthritis quite bad in my hands and when I get home I realize he has given my a child proof bottle which is hard to open at the best times rather than the strips.I have not seen these bottles in a long time and I thought they did away with them and used strips all the times now,I guess I was wrong it shall be fun getting these out when my fingers hurt when I try to open bottles.

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I too have trouble with those pesky things! I use the same chemist in my village and we had an understanding that as I didn't have children I could be trusted without a childproof lid. It's worth asking. Alternatively, I used to not fasten them properly, I'd keep them somewhere they couldn't spill and not disturb them from one week to the next.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • shandy4greenday
    Thanks I have all my meds on a shelf up high the kids are older so know not to touch and understand the dangers so I think I will try that thankyou .

Sharon x
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Happily I too have a lovely local pharmacist who dispenses all my medication in easier opening pots or strips because my fingers are rubbish! Sometimes we just need to ask for the bit of help that makes a difference, but I guess not all folks are so approachable that we feel comfortable with asking,
    Hope you get some help too.

Deb x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I have problems with the child proof tops, they should call them 'child proof & Arthritis suffers proof tops'! I have to ask my OH to open them for me. Surely if they see what medication is going in the bottle and think what it's for these people would realise we wouldn't be able to open them!! :roll:
  • shandy4greenday
    I thought exactly the same I normally sort all my meds into the weekly pots whatever they are called :). Luckily for me I have my son to open mine if needed in the meantime .Still I will speak to my pharmacist for future though.It just got me thinking that it was more the point of if I had no-one and was unable to open anything I would be pretty lost trying to get my meds out as I will get worse, I am still in the early stages and it just made me think of all those that are a lot worse off than myself.
  • lizzy100
    lizzy100 Member Posts: 235
    i have the exact same problem!! and it kills my hands struggling to open them!! why do they make everything so hard to open? its ridiculous. but i struggle with everything like opening food packages, even ham and the films on top of microwave meals, lol.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Im another that struggles to open these...and the blinking bleach bottles that you have to squeeze... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • shandy4greenday
    All medication should be designed for everyone's capabilities as many people struggle to even be able to take their medication due to this I am still quite lucky at the moment to be able to do mine but I am not looking forward to getting all the other problems that come with this disease despite all the meds that will hopefully help a great deal,which is why I need to start being more grateful of what I am still able to do in the meantime :D
  • lurch1
    lurch1 Member Posts: 561
    I've always found the easiest way to open child proof medicane bottles is to ask the grandchildren.............. :lol