This is a New one on me!!!!!!

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 2. Apr 2013, 08:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
I would like pocket duties please for Tuesday.
I have an appointment with a Clinical Psychologist???????????
This came from the pain clinic appointment I had.
Not sure what to expect at all.
I'm sure others must have gone to one :roll:
Love
Hileena

Comments

• kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello Hileena. Hope it goes ok for you and will be in your pocket - hope it's big?! Beryl
  • hileena111
    Hi Beryl
    They'll be big....lol.....room for crutches/walkers/scooters etc :lol::lol::lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Will be there too with lots of positive vibes!!!!!(and probably a few crumbs of easter egg to keep us going! :? )
    Hope it's a really useful and positive experience for you.

Deb
  • wynnie
    wynnie Member Posts: 117
    hi hileena ,im sure it will be fine when your at your appointment ,i was sent to a clinical psychologist because i wont take any strong meds ,i always pass for biological drugs but dont want them and they cant understand why i wont take them ,its just personal choice which i feel im entitled to make ,i ended up having about 8 sessions (still wont take the drugs ) but i got to talk about how things affected me and my family ect ect ,and it was actually quite theraputic to open up about things you dont really discuss and i actually enjoyed the sessions ,only thing i wasnt keen on was trying to fit in the appointments round all the other appointments i seemed to have ,hopefully it will be a good experience for you ,will be thinking about you x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hileena woul love to be there in your pocket but am afraid in hospital getting treatment, will certainly be thinking of you, hope you get positive stimulation from this..............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • hileena111
    Hi Marie,
    No ptroblem....hope things go OK for you.

Deb...hope there are more than a few crumbs of Easter Egg :lol: You're talking to a chocoholic here :wink:

Wynnie....thanks for the support. I think they think I'm bit depressed.
    I had a half hr consultation on the phone with her and she said she would like me to come for a 1 to 1 session.
    She asked me things like did I ever contemplate suicide....NO
    Did I ever think life wasnt worth living NO but to a few other things like
    did I enjoy going out as often to the things I used to enjoy..not really, dont sleep well either and a few things like that ...so we'll see what happens
    Love
    Hileena
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Hi!

I will be there but I am sure it will be a really useful appointment. My friend who has fibro says that her appointments with the psychologist have been the best things that happened for her. It has helped her get on with her life.

Good luck, and remember this is to help you. (())
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I'll be in your pocket too,good luck.Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hileena you can count me in...it will be interesting to see what they do... :? ..I just hope it helps you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Count me in too Hileena, I hope all goes well, and you find it helpful.
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • hileena111
    Hi.
    My pockets are going to be full.....thank you all.

Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Morning all
    Well its 6.46am and I'm sitting here wondering how this appointment will go today.
    Normally I write out lists of things to ask but I havent a clue with this particular appointment :(
    The only good thing is it is early and will be over and done with soon [I hope} :wink: Thank you for being in my pocket ...I need it this morning.
    The other thing is.....will I remember everything she says???? Normally I have Peter with me at consultants appointments but I think this is different so I'm on my own.
    Hear you all later
    Love
    Hileena
  • frogmella
    Can you take a notebook with you to make notes? I'm sure that it will be a useful appointment today - sometimes we need somebody to talk to who doesn't judge and might actually have something helpful to say. Good uck - see you there!
    (())
  • wynnie
    wynnie Member Posts: 117
    hileena probably you will have been by now for your appointment ,im sure that the psychology session will have went well for you ,it can be nice to have a one to one ,if you have any worries its good to get it all out there anyway hope it all went well and it was better than you thought x
  • barbara12
    Thinking about you today hileena...I do hope it helps..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    UPDATE ON APPOINTMENT
    Hi
    Well it was a 50 min appointment. Today was spent asking me a lot of questions about mood, sleeping etc. Its hard to explain to be honest.
    I answered some questions at the end and she said....its as I thought...you aren't clinically depressed but you are depressed....down/low/blue was the way she described it.
    I'm home with a relaxation tape from her and a booklet about sleeping problems which I haven't had time to look at yet and an appointment for a fortnights time.
    So that's that.
    Will listen to the tape and read the booklet.
    Thanks for the support
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    Aww bless hileena....sometime they can plant things in your mind..you will be down with all you are going through :? ... :roll: its not a bad job she has ...I do think that people in these jobs should have the experience of constant pain...I can see were she is coming from....I have a couple of relaxing tapes and they work .. but just for the time I am listening to it...sorry I'm not helping matters here..anyhow I do hope it helps you (((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmella
    I'm glad it wasn't horrible and that you have a follow up appointment so soon. It will give you chance to thick about the areas where you want help and then you can ask for it.