grandchildren

Options
cheekygirl
cheekygirl Member Posts: 128
edited 3. Apr 2013, 17:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
TODAY .i had a lovely day .
my granddaughter came for the day .
we baked,we talked, we walked ,we laughed too oh we had so much fun .
i wish this feeling could last forever
oh how the young can cheer you up its better than any medicine a doctor can prescribe.
but all too soon the day was gone and evening came to fast . we kissed ,we hugged we said goodbye .
i felt rather sad :( .but then i remember next week will come very soon and we can do it all over again ,,,,,,

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi cheekygirl
    I have 4 GC..one is my step one but I dont call her that...I love them to pieces.we more or less brought the two eldest up..I hadst got arthritis then...I cant do the same with the bay she is nearly 8 months now..but it always lift me when they come... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • cheekygirl
    cheekygirl Member Posts: 128
    Options
    i agree barbra. i didn,t actually walk i use a electric wheelchair .and i can only bake with one hand as my right arm doesnt work too good now .but i stll had great day .thy give us a lift in our hearts doesnt it .you take care x
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Sadly my Mother-in-law passed to God's keeping on Christmas morning just gone. Our youngest Sarah is the youngest Grandchild and I know that when she went to see grandma and Grandad she gave them such pleasure. My Father-in-law is getting on with life slowly but I know that the highlight of the week is when he sees Sarah. So over the half term and Easter holidays he has looked after Sarah for me even though I work from home. I think they both get something out of it and they always seem to have a great time together. He is going to stay with his brother for a few days tomorrow and next week Sarah has her first residential school trip away from home so my Hubby had to take her this evening to see his Dad before they both go away. It will be the longest that they haven't seen each other since Christmas and although they are both looking forward to their trips each will be eager to get home to see each other again and share their 'adventures'. Personally I think it's great that they have got each other and it has certainly helped each of them get through a particularly sad time. I hope that if and when we are blessed with Grandchidren I have the same sort of relationship with them that Sarah and Grandad share.

Love Kate x