Indian sandstone

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 4. Apr 2013, 07:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well folks the decision has been made! Our new patio is going to be Indian Sandstone! I can't wait as I really missed sitting out in the garden last year (even though there was no summer as such). You see last May Hubby decided to get the old patio dug it. It did a job but was a 'checkerboard' of pink and yellow slabs. It hadn't been laid properly and was dangerous to walk on as some had 'dropped' and seeing as I fall over a sheet of paper was a real trip hazard. But when we got it up there was a manhole cover under it! So that just added to the expense. Then with my Step-mother dying and me being so poorly it never got done last year. So now Hubby has bitten the bullet and booked next week off work so that he can get it done. Here's hoping we have a nice summer so you all can some round for a BBQ and see his handy work!!

Love Kate x

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Kate we did our patio last year in Indian sand stone.. it looks lovely with all the different variations in colour ..one tip that we didnt do...get a stone sealant ..its keeps it clean....and looking new...we are in the process of cleaning ours and putting the sealant on its look really nice.
    PS I will bring the wine... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I bet it will look lovely when finished Kate.
    I want my patio done but OH wants decking and I'd rather have the old, ugly concrete removed and nice paving put down. Plus I'd love a water feature.

We did redo the path last year as it was a bit hazardous but that was because OH had a new shed as an incentive.

I'll bring the 100% beef burgers.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein