Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Saying Hello

BonnGayleBonnGayle Posts: 26
edited 4. Apr 2013, 16:04 in Say Hello Archive
Oh Its a happy happy day A strange reaction considering Im freshly diagnosed with RA, but its a relief to be able to give the pain a name to be able to say im not lazy I have fatigue ! its not in my head and after 4years of fuzzy heads, pain and fatigue I have an answer that makes sense..its not allergy, im too fat , my imagaination , food intolerances or all the other useless suggestions Ive had from GP's.

just a little about me Im 36 married with..a few..some...err too many cats I live and work in Germany as my husband is German, although my German is terrible hence Im here and not a German board.

Comments

• dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I am sorry that you hbave had to find us. I've had a lousy day so won't say much but I didn't want your 'Hello' to pass un-noticed. I too had a GP who ignored my ever-fattening left knee for five years and thanks to her 'inactivity' I'm now in one helluva mess but no matter. Bridge, water, hindsight. :wink:

An auto-immune arthritis is incredibly tiring on the body - and it's not a 'nice' tired either. I remember 'nice' tired, it was the sort you got after a happy, busy, productive day. This tired is the drained, exhausted, washed-out-post-flu tired but, because we tend to look OK, no-one truly comprehends that. I have a nice dose of ot now so I'm off. See you soon. Take care and I hope you will find the forum a useful place for reliable information and good support. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12barbara12 Posts: 20,857
    Hello and a warm welcome to the forum
    We have had so many people on here that are sought of relieved to get a diagnosis..so now you know what you are up against...you have us lot to talk to...if you have any questions put them in LWA...and we have chitchat were we can have a laugh ..its quiet at the moment I think everyone's hibernated... :lol:
    I do hope to see you posting more very soon x
    Love
    Barbara
  • PaulaJPaulaJ Posts: 10
    Hi and welcome to the forum. I too am new to the forum and newly diagnosed with OA in my thumbs.

I read your comment about having too many cats! I too love cats, but I only have two cats at the moment!

Everyone on this forum seems so lovely and although I only joined a couple of days ago I feel so happy that I joined as I am getting lots of support and its lovely talking to people who are going through the same thing as me and who truly understand.

Best wishes

Paula xx