Hello from my new dimension!

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 16. Apr 2013, 18:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just a quick one to say thank you for all your lovely comments and messages, I read them all out and the girls say thank you too (as does Mr LV). Life has taken on a true 24 hours a day meaning. Partly because Tegen was so small she was put on a heavy feeding schedule. We succeeded with that and made it home yesterday evening. So long as Summer is a good weight when the midwives weigh her today (she wasn't classed as small so oddly wasn't weighed yesterday and will be weighed today instead, I love protocols and rules) then we can all stay home. They had a touch of jaundice but that seems to be clearing now. We seem to be mastering the art of breast feeding and I've even managed a couple of simultaneous twin feeds earning me the title earth mother on the maternity ward. The staff were amazing but it's so nice to be home and have help from Mr LV, particularly during the night screams, feeds and changes! I love these two to bits, never knew I could love something so much, they are just magic. I'll shut up now before I get really soppy! Hope you are all well. Sorry for not posting but I am thinking of you all and send my love and support through th good and bad times. A billion thank yous for all the love and support you have given me, it means so much.
Love LV xx
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Of course you should apologise for not posting - how very dare you forget us and just waltz off using the vague excise of caring for twins. :wink:

I'm actually amazed to hear from you and thank you for posting the update. You are in many thoughts on here (mine included even though I don't do the baby thing in any way, shape or form). You have your hands full in a rather lovely way (though maybe the novelty will wear off in a few months?) and I hope all continues to go well for all four of you. Are they identical? If so can you tell them apart? (If you've posted that info somewhere already then I apologise for missing it but I'm not too clever at the moment with a bug.) Take the best care of you so you can take the best care of them. ((((())))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello LV and its lovely to hear from you....I for one was looking forward to an update..blimey girl you are doing good there feeding both at once must make things a little easier... :D you keep the updates coming when you have time that is...ooh I wish I could have a cuddle...you enjoy xxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Thank you LV for taking the time out of your VERY busy schedule to give us an update, you must be over the moon to have got them home to yourselves and hopefully settle into a harmonious routine.Well done you, Mrs earth mother that is quite an achievement, I'm sure they will thrive in leaps and bounds with the abundance of love, care and attention they will receive, love to you all, looking forward to the next update whenever you get the time..............Marie xx

PS hope you are bearing up ok pain wise xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Hello!!!!!!!!!

Lovely to see you posting and to hear how well you are all getting on.

As for being soppy - I WELL remember that amazing feeling of overwhelming love and adoration I felt when I had my first :D

Luckily I also felt it with my second too :wink:

You get on and enjoy them.

Lots of love

Toni xxx
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I'm so pleased everything is going so well. :D
    Make the most of every moment, and I hope your girls bring you as much happiness as mine did, and still do ( they're 23 and 28 now).
    Take care, (((())))
    Numpty
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Thank you for the update,things must be very busy in the LV house,accept all help when offered you might be glad of it soon.We mothers all know that feeling of over whelming love for it continues for life,mine are 43,38and 33 ,I love them just as much now as I did then .hugs to all the LVs (((()))) Mig
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    You sound so happy, LV. I am so pleased for you, and I don't do the baby thing either! thank you for the update. :D
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    well done L.V the earth mother! I too can't believe you posted so soon, you sound like you've settled to mother of twins like a duck to water! I'm so pleased for you. Make sure Mr. L.V does his share! ((HUGS)) to you all in the L.V household. :D
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    It is lovely to here that you are all doing so well. I don't know about everyone else but I feel like I should be knitting little baby clothes! Thank you for the update.
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Options
    How lovely to hear this ....many congratulations and good luck for the next 21 years! :)
    Ruby
  • barbara12
    Options
    I know you wont have much time to post an update...but just to let you know I thinking of you all....I would love to see a pic of Summer and Tegen...you have all summer to come, and enjoy taking them out...((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,931
    Options
    Hello LV
    thank you for the update i'm pleased they are both doing well and are home.
    sue and i are twins we were born 2 months early sue was pound 2 i was 1 pound 14 i was in a incubater for 6 months
    thank you for telling us about summer and tegan.
    take care all.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hi LV, I hope all is going well, and Summer and Tegen, are being kind to their parents, (letting them sleep occasionally :lol:)
    Take care, (((())))
    Numpty
  • barbara12
    Options
    Leaving more hugs for all of you...the nice weather will soon be here..and you will be out and about with your lovely twins ..enjoy... :D(((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I was just wondering how you've been doing. Didn't notice you'd posted so I did a search and found this. Sounds as if you are doing marvellously well. Feeding 2 babies at once. Wow. Enjoy every minute of them because the time flies by.
    Christine