Well, you spend long enough in there!

knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 12. Apr 2013, 13:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hubby has six motorcycles of various ages and makes in the garage. He spends hours in there tinkering with them, comes in smelling of fumes, petrol and oil. Wipes his supposedly washed hands on my towels. Complains he hasn't got enough room in there to work properly and can't keep it tidy. But then again in 36 years of marriage I've never known him to keep his garages and sheds tidy. I used to try to tidy up but don't bother any more and only venture into the garage to tell him dinner is ready.

I found out this morning that out of his prized six motorcycles, only ONE
works. :cry:

When I ventured to suggest he sells some as non runners to give him more time and space to work on the ones he really wants to keep, well I got that "look". You know, that "look" that says be quiet wife. :roll:

Janet

Comments

• coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    oh Janet i had to chuckle, boys and there toys aye!, it dont change no matter how old they get, gotta luv them
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    My OH is the same but with scooters. The garage was so packed that in order to change the heating he had to clamber over the seats of about 4 scooters. He often fixed them in our open plan lounge/diner on the lovely oak flooring using the children's play mat(now covered in dents and oil marks)as a covering., claiming he had no room to move in the garage. Strange black oily stains appeared all over the upstairs carpeting.

Last year I bought a large shed and refused to have anymore scooters fixed indoors. He has now fitted lights, insulation and is getting a dehumidifier (think thats the word).

He also does not sell anything but keeps adding to the collection!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • MrOptimist
    MrOptimist Member Posts: 175
    You Ladies make me laugh...... What about all your shoes :shock: :o :roll: :roll: . Never met a lady without at least 20 pairs :D:D:D
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Oops kd, were you filled with remorse for making a suggestion?...lol
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Silly boy MrOptimist shoes are one of life's important must haves and the bags to go with them ! :roll: Mig
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Quite right mig. We can't do without shoes nor our bags. And, very often, in my bag I also have hubby's wallet and mobile. And, he is always asking me if I've got a pen in there. So bags are certainly essential.

But he still hasn't given me an explanation as to why only one of his six beloved motorcycles actually "go". :lol:

Janet
  • mig
    My oh always asks "have you got room in your bag for this" why don't they get one of their own ?Mig
  • MrOptimist
    Why don't we have a bag of our own? :o ... Not very manley is it, and what guy would wish to lose his street cred :D.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I haven't got that many shoes Mr O. And my wardrobe is 2 tenths my clothing and 8 tenths his.

Never been a shoe lady myself.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • MrOptimist
    There is always 'the exception to the rule' Elizabeth :)
  • mig
    There are "man bags" out there. Mig
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    I don't have that many shoes either.
    Stay positive always👍xx