Still waiting for my appointment with rheumy

Options
Teapot
Teapot Member Posts: 271
edited 17. Apr 2013, 02:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well I am still waiting for my first appointment to come through. Tomorrow is deadline for me to phone if I have not received a date. I am going to try another hospital perhaps they can see me. there are 2 main hospitals reasonable close so I might be lucky. Just getting over very bad gastric attack which has left me feeling extremely tired but getting better each day - just waiting for results to come back. Having to keep food diary as well as RA diary......like being back at work !!!!! Had a few days feeling sorry for myself but when I go on this forum I realise I am not alone and there are far more of you worse off than me.This gastric thing has left me feeling down though and the weather is not helping at all. I have only had to take pain killers once in last 10 days and have really tried to manage without them if I can unless shoulder gets really bad. think this has been down to being wrapped in a duvet and constant hot water bottles. Well hears hoping for a good day for all. Sorry about my moan I promise I will try to cheer up x

Comments

• lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Why we wait so long is crazy, I'm sure you'll be seen soon keep pestering them. R u holding off pain killers for your gastric trouble ?! If not I find it best to keep them regular so ur pain levels don't get too much to deal with there's no prizes for being in pain so if u need them take them. Good luck & keep us posted.xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Its awful how things have gone..my GP says if I want to see another rheumy it will be months..there are so many people out there that have trained in medicine..surely they can give them work..I do hope you hear something very soon..if its any consolation I have to ring for most of my appointments .. :roll: you take care and let us know how you get on x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Teapot
    Options
    Thank you so much for your replies. Yes I have held off taking pain killers because of the gastric as I did not have anything inside my tummy and thought it could be dangerous. I am now getting back to eating a bit more normal now so I will go back on ibroprophen when my food intake is better. At least the gastric seems to have gone and I am feeling better each day. I will let you know how I get on after I have made a phone call about appointment....fingers crossed xx
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I hope you manage to get an appointment, sooner rather than later.
    I'm pleased your tummy has settled down.
    Good luck.
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Are you taking a stomach protector with your painkillers? If not, your gp can prescribe one for you.
  • Teapot
    Options
    Yes salamander I am taking tummy protector so I don't think it was the pain killers but a gastric virus I picked up. Thanks hope you all have a good day. Weather in my area looks like it may be good later so I hope to get out and tidy round the garden it certainly needs it and I think the exercise will do me good after almost 2 weeks lying around.