Link between arthritis and DVT's

Options
emsjane
emsjane Member Posts: 351
edited 4. May 2013, 04:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has any information on DVT being linked to arthritis?
LOVE EMMA X

Comments

• wynnie
    wynnie Member Posts: 117
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    oh thats cheered up my day !!!!!!,never heard that one before its maybe the crap in some of the medications that causes it and not the actual arthritis hopefully :?
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    I worry about this too , I have RA and OA , and being a wheelchair user I'm not very active ! As others have said ; feet up when possible and exercise as much as your body allows . Jillyb
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Yes like unsure says if you are immobile ..there is a risk and also the meds can play there part in it...antiinflams are one...cant win really.... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    that is interesting, ive just come back from Australia and i ask my rheumy before i went about DVT and she told me that having RA puts me at no greater risk of getting it than anyone else.
    it is so frustrating when you get completely different information from different places.
  • emsjane
    emsjane Member Posts: 351
    Options
    Sorry for the late reply, but thanks everyone. Im waiting for a scan on a lump on my leg, im hoping its not a DVT! I will ask my rheumy when i see her what she thinks.
    LOVE EMMA X
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I think if they thought it was likely to be a DVT, you wouldn't be waiting - they'd be scanning you urgently.

I hadn't heard about an arthritis link with DVTs but lack of mobility is definitely a risk.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright