Trouble sleeping at night

Options
DebraKelly
DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
edited 16. Apr 2013, 08:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
As most of you know I have now come off all meds for the 6 months so that my husband and I can try to have a baby.

Mostly I have been fine during the day, no real issues, but at night I am having all sorts of bother.

My RA is in my right knee and the past few nights I have been waking up in pain and unable to get back to sleep or comfy again for a few hours. This is really wearing me down.

I have an appointment with the Doctor next week, but would really appreciate any advise on how to get comfy at night.

Comments

• bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have disturbed sleep mine is due to the Osteoporosis and R.A in my hips, I can only lay on one side for so long till it becomes to painful and it wakes me and then I have to change sides and try and get off to sleep again, this happens on & off through the night. So when I get up in the morning I'm still tired. So now I take a siesta depending on how tired I am. Very tired- in the morning, not too tired - in the afternoon. It just gives me a boost of energy as I can't have caffeine. Hope you find a solution to your disturbed sleep soon.
  • DebraKelly
    DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
    Options
    I would love to have a siesta during the day, but I don't think my work would allow it! lol
  • lurch1
    lurch1 Member Posts: 561
    Options
    hi
    don't know if this is useful, but on the tips link, people have suggesdted using an electric blanket to ease the pain. There are lots of very good tips, might be worth having a browse
    Cris
  • MrOptimist
    MrOptimist Member Posts: 175
    Options
    Heat packs may help to ease the pain. It might also be useful to try relaxation tapes - might be available from your library :)