Nervous Newbie Mum!

Options
hornetmum
hornetmum Member Posts: 3
edited 19. Apr 2013, 05:12 in Say Hello Archive
Hello! Well it has only taken me 8 years since my son was diagnosed with JIA (aged 1) for me to pluck up the courage to join a forum.... I think initially it was such a shock and he was so poorly that I couldn't face interacting with other parents in case I found out that my boy's future outcomes were likely to be poor. I am a bit braver now - hurray!

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello and a warm welcome from me
    please dont be nervous we are a good lot and here to support one another , I really do feel for you , but the drugs for arthritis are involving all the time..so there is a very good chance that your son will benefit from them.
    I have a little friend with JIA and when he found out I had OA he said he would learn me how to walk properly...said I was sticking my bum out when I walked... :o:lol:
    We do have a section on the forum my child has arthritis...so if you post in there you could speak to other mum.
    But also post on the LWA part of the forum then we can support you, and if you want a chat we have chitchat were all sorts go on.
    I do hope to see you posting more very soon...must say the forum is very quiet at the min....xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi and a big welcome from me, I am so sorry to hear about your young son, you have certainly came to the right place for support and advice, as Barbara says repost to speak to other mums and LWA toget some support for yourself, hope to see you around and lovely to meet you............tc................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • hornetmum
    hornetmum Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you both for your kind replies. I feel more confident already! My little man has had a long and difficult journey with JIA almost all his life and has suddenly got a sore swollen knee after weaning successfully (or so we thought!) off methotrexate. I am playing it down for his sake but it is a blow. It is the same knee where it all began - the irony!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    A warm welcome to the forums from me too hornetsmum

I am very glad you braved joining in ;)

Luckily for me it's me who has the arthritis not my kids, I do understand how it is having a child who has a health condition though as my youngest has epilepsy and the eldest hemiplegic migraine.

I do hope you meet some other parents who can support you, but us adults are awlays happy to help too