Another post-op update

Options
frogmella
frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
edited 18. Apr 2013, 02:54 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi!
Well I am now 7 weeks post spinal fusion - this time 7 weeks ago I was getting a bed bath in intensive care!!

Yesterday I didn't take ANY painkillers, at all! Considering that I was taking around 20 pills a day 8 weeks ago and had been taking various meds for years I think that is a result!

I started swimming on Monday - just 100m but that is better than nothing. I have also been going for my dog walks - just been taking my dog walker with me to act as back up while I find my feet again!

I can tell that I am still getting better, not quite there yet, because in the afternoon it is like someone pulled the plug and I have quite a long siesta! I guess that is why I am on sick leave - to accommodate all the necessary sleeping!! :wink:

I am so pleased I made the decision to go ahead with this surgery. I was in two minds after the disaster that happened when I had the level below done, but this new surgeon gave me so much confidence in his abilities that I decided to go for it.

I think I might be going to get my life back. :D I hope I don't get evicted from here though - I have found so much support on here. I hope that I can offer the same when others need it. I have certainly been there and done that with most things lumbar spine so should be able to offer advice on that at least!

Off to swim 100m now! Thank you for being there when I have needed you. xx Helen xx

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    So pleased for you ,keep up the good work but don't overdo it.Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Wow, so pleased for you Helen you have come on great, as for getting thrown off I don't think so, there are a lot of people out there still need your support, hope you enjoy your swim.............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Helen, that is great to hear. It is so encouraging to hear of the relief that surgery can bring. I hope it continues to improve for you. :D
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Thank you! I have been amazed that I can feel like this. I was so used to pain that I thought it was normal. Part of the reason I was in two minds about the op was that I had begun to think I was moaning about nothing. I didn't realise how much it was affecting me until it went!