Nothing to report !!!

Options
wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 18. Apr 2013, 11:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have nothing to report just needed a whinge I was thinking the other day I have been on pain killers and recovering from operations for the past 6 years . First I had the right hip done and I recovered well but in pain from my left knee then I had the left knee done and recovered not very well so had the left hip done hoping it would bring the left knee in alignment it didn't so I had a revision of the left knee so it's been operation recovery ditto ditto ditto for 5 years no wonder I am feeling the way I do when is it going to be my turn to be free of pain and discomfort hopefully in a few months time I am 7 weeks post op with the revision knee feeling very sorry for myself today so come on arthro sufferers cheer me up oh yes I forgot it's my 70th birthday on Sat; and I don't want to be 70 Iv'e missed out on the past 6 years so I will be 64 again :lol:

Comments

• kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Wendgro. You have been having a rough time. No wonder you feel a little fed up with things. Think you have every right to have a whinge. Do hope you will enjoy your birthday on Saturday. Are you going out to celebrate? If so, hope the pain eases off for you just a little.

Take care. Beryl
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Wendgro
    Good for you being 64..and I dont call that much of a rant...no wonder you feel down...with all those blinking ops..now hopefully this will be the year that things improve for you...I feel it in my bones... :? I really do wish you well with everything...you do put me to shame not one op to my name yet...but like you they cant really decide hips.. back.. knee....think I might let them choose....or pull straws.... :o go on have a longer rant it will do you good...
    Happy 64 for Saturday...hope you have a good day...(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • wynnie
    wynnie Member Posts: 117
    Options
    have a lovely birthday on saturday ,pity you have had to go through all your ops but as long as your pain free for your big birthday that will be a bonus for you ,it would be a lovely present for you !!!!
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I hope you will be marking your 70th on Saturday somehow! I am sorry that you are feeling down but at least you know that you will be painfree in the future which is more than I can say for myself. :roll: I am 62 and have had my fair share of ops too. More symptoms keep cropping up, more diagnosis and more pills, some may improve, others unfortunately not. I consider I have had a good day if I manage to get out and back without falling.

I hope you are sharing this lovely afternoon with me and I also hope that now you are feeling a little brighter than you did when you posted.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Operations are stressful and tiring, both before they happen and for a good long while after. There is a light at the end of the tunnel but some travelling through still yet to be done - you will get there, Wendgro, you have spirit and determination and yes, things WILL get better. Have a lovely day on Saturday - I won't be around to wish you a happy birthday so please accept my best wishes for that now. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,181
    Options
    Happy returns and have a good whinge on your birthday (it's what they are for if you ask me) but hopefully have some cake too of your choice & a bit of sun to go with it.