Seronegative artrithis very severe but no pain- new to forum

Options
Misssweden13
Misssweden13 Member Posts: 12
edited 17. Apr 2013, 09:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
I'm Anna and I have suffered from this nasty thing since my early twenties.
I am 45 yrs old now.
The diagnosis I have got is atypic seronegative arthritis. I have had two hip replacements and my wrists are deformed.
My knees are constantly affected with many cortisone injections as solution.
I have been on Remicade (changed my life) Enbrel, Humira and Orencia (did not work).
Now I'm stuck at home with extremely high blood markers. I get fevers and swets at night, tired to death.
Feeling awful and having trouble to walk because of swollen knees.
The very strange thing is that I never have any pain.....!!
Why??
People often tell me I should be lucky, but I do not feel lucky.

Have a tendency to depression and I'm on Zoloft. I am worried about the future, It' s getting to much now.

Now I am waiting for to try Mabthera ( I think) ......

Well this is me ranting, but I know a lot of you understand...

Love Anna
Sweden

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hmmm, lack of pain doesn't make anything all right in the slightest way, does it? It sounds to me as though your condition is not under control hence the swelling and tiredness. I hope that the anti-depressant helps soon and forget the future - just take life one day at a time and do the best you can with each day. I have tried infliximab, enbrel and am currently taking humira (together with injected meth and sulph tablets). I concede that the meds are doing something but nowhere near as much as I would like. I hope you are soon able to start mabthera and that it soon gives you some relief. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Misssweden13
    Misssweden13 Member Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you DD for the support!
    No It's not under control. I also take injection meth and prednisone.
    I tried to add sulph, plaquenil, arava but could not stand side effects.
    I am like you, the biologics help, but not all the way.
    Right now I could take anything that would make me feel better.
    After a major depression in 2001 I have been on low dose Zoloft, cannot be without it.
    What is your diagnosis?

Take care ..
    Anna
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Anna and a warm welcome to the forum..
    I am glad you have joined us..its really good to talk to people that understand some of what you are going through...
    Like DD say having no pain doesn't really take away what you are going through, you really have gone through so much in your young life, I am only glad I started in my late 50s :roll:
    Sorry I cant advised on your meds but I do wish you well with them, and hopefully they will be reviewed very soon.
    Has for the ADs there are quite a few on here that have been helped by them, not surprising really...you take care x
    Love
    Barbara