Blue Badge question

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 17. Apr 2013, 17:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have read the accompanying booklet but I am not quite clear. Can I use my blue badge in residents only bays or not? A friend (also a BB user) says 'yes' but I read it as 'no' in the booklet. So, I thought I'd ask you lovely people!

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi starburst we have a friend that has just got a ticket for parking in a private bay..the worse thing about is..there are disabled parking in front so he is appealing because the sighing doesn't make it clear.. :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've interpreted that as a 'no' as well - I reckon that a useful maxim for BB owners is 'if in doubt, don't.' DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • wynnie
    wynnie Member Posts: 117
    Options
    definately no ,i got a fine for parking in a resident bay outside the old infirmary in edinburgh ,the traffic warden told me i could park on double yellow lines as long as it didnt have lines on the pavement ,id never noticed the yellow lines on the pavement before but i notice them now so if there was yellow lines and no disabled parking bays i would do the yellow lines ,hope this makes sense i was fined £40 so its not worth it ......
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    In London you can park in resident bays in some boroughs and not others.
  • Starburst
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I have a permit to park outside my house (which is restricted to residents only between 2 and 3) so this means, I couldn't park outside my friend's house? She lives down the road but different zone. I work in a London borough and visit clients often, so wondered how I am going to manage.
  • salamander
    Options
    Hi Starburst, In London you can park in any pay and display bays (but not always in dual use pay & display & resident bays) and single and double yellow lines for up to 3 hours where there aren't lines on the pavement. This apart from Westminster and some of Camden. You can check the boroughs online, as I say, they are all different which is really annoying.

You should have got a booklet with your badge but all the info is online as well.
  • Starburst
    Options
    I did read the booklet and look online but people keep telling me different things. I think I'm going to have to stick my fingers in my ears and go "la la la"! :D
  • Loulou11
    Loulou11 Member Posts: 86
    Options
    You can't park in resident bays but if the information states residents bay or public pay and display you can xxxx
  • salamander
    Options
    Starburst wrote:
    Thanks for the replies. I have a permit to park outside my house (which is restricted to residents only between 2 and 3) so this means, I couldn't park outside my friend's house? She lives down the road but different zone. I work in a London borough and visit clients often, so wondered how I am going to manage.

The permit is for your area but you can use your blue badge outside your friend's house,even in a resident bay if your council permits it. Otherwise in pay and display or yellow lines. My council allows me to park in any resident bay so do my neighbouring councils. Just go on the council website and it will tell you. It's different in London and quite confusing some times.