put on list for an Arthoscopy on knee

Options
sbolam
sbolam Member Posts: 374
edited 18. Apr 2013, 12:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Had my appointment at the hospital yesterday for the mri I had on my knees and the doctor confirmed its osteoarthritis in my knees as well as cartilage damage in the right knee so he has put me on the waiting list for an arthoscopy to repair the damaged cadrilage. He did say he would not considered it if it was not for the cartilage damage. At least now I can have some relief in knowing what the heck is wrong.

Stephen
04_pain.jpg

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hope you don't have to wait too long. Mig
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Stephen

Good to see you posting again. It does help having found out what is the problem and I hope you get your appointment in the not too distant future.

Did you see your birthday thread on the CC zone? ;)

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Glad that you finally know where you are and that you are now on a waiting list. I really hope you don't have to wait for to long. Keeping fingers crossed for you.
    Karen xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Stephen
    My OH had a knee arthoscopy, quite a few years ago now ..they washed it out and did a small repair..not a clue what it was but he was very happy with it....
    Good Luck with it all...and happy birthday again... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • sailrib
    sailrib Member Posts: 327
    Options
    Good Luck, hope you dont have to wait too long.
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Stephen

Arthroscopy is a relatively small procedure so you should be up and about within 6 weeks of the operation. I don't know what degree/grade arthritis you have but mine was above grade 4 so my last arthro didnt help...Yours will be different im sure...

Good luck

Elainexx
    sbolam wrote:
    Had my appointment at the hospital yesterday for the mri I had on my knees and the doctor confirmed its osteoarthritis in my knees as well as cartilage damage in the right knee so he has put me on the waiting list for an arthoscopy to repair the damaged cadrilage. He did say he would not considered it if it was not for the cartilage damage. At least now I can have some relief in knowing what the heck is wrong.

Stephen
  • sbolam
    sbolam Member Posts: 374
    Options
    Te doc was really nice. again it was another doctor. (not seen the same doc ever) and he called it a service and an oil change. made me smile, then he ran though the stuff I need to know such as risk and so fourth, and that there was no guarantees that it will reduce pain in knee but it will slow the progression of the disease down a little.. ether way its worth it

happy as a pig in ****. well almost :lol:
    04_pain.jpg