Wider Fit Shoes Ltd

Options
sailrib
sailrib Member Posts: 327
edited 25. Apr 2013, 08:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
Has anyone used Wider Fit Shoes Ltd?

Ive found them and they have really nice shoes and go up to EEEEEEEE which I am.

Ive been trying to download the measuring chart but it wont allow me.

Im keen to order some shoes once I find out what shoe size I am. Altho Im normally a size 8, I have read that they are quite big sizes so may take a size 7.

Anyone else found them to be good?

I know a lot of poeple like Hotter shoes.

Comments

• trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    you could try a Clarks shop , they do a lot of wider rangers , + Hush Puppies do some & got better to be able to try them on first

one thing if you have the fusion , that foot should not swell up so much
  • sailrib
    Options
    I've tried Clarks before but they are not wide enough. Will have a look at Hush Puppies, thank you. My width before swelling is EEEEEEEE, I've always had really really wide feet and also big feet, I normally wear size 9. My twin bro has size 15 feet and my mum has size 10.

We are a family of big feet :)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi
    Not sure if you have already done it, but if you look were it say download our measurement chart...there is a Little arrow at the side click on that and it give you the option of downloading the women's or men's chart...hope this helps
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Not tried those sailrib

you'll have to let us know whether they are any good if you succeed in downloading the chart.

I wear hotter as I have wide feet too and like you have been forced to wear shoes which are bigger than my feet due to the width issue. With hotter I wear my 'real' size :)

Someone else mentioned julipa shoes

You dont need a chart just a tape measure.
  • sailrib
    Options
    I've just ordered some leather Mary Jane t bar bucked shoes in a size 7 which is crazy, never been a size 7. Normally a size 8/9 so I'm hoping they would work.

The style is VERY me, totally love the way they look and I'm hoping I can wear my orthotics in them without any problems. :)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    let us know how you get on with them :D

love

Toni xxx
  • chookgate
    chookgate Member Posts: 146
    Options
    trepolpen wrote:
    you could try a Clarks shop , they do a lot of wider rangers , + Hush Puppies do some & got better to be able to try them on first

Clarks used to be good, a couple of years ago their website had a good range of attractive EE fitting shoes - I have some (that is the widest they go, so no use for sailrib anyway), but now they have only one pair of K shoes that width. I don't know what the shops are like anymore but last time I went they had a pitiful selection of very expensive wide fit shoes.

I just looked at wider fit shoes, and for my size (6.5 4E) they have nothing in flat, and nothing I like!
  • sailrib
    Options
    chookgate wrote:
    trepolpen wrote:

Clarks used to be good, a couple of years ago their website had a good range of attractive EE fitting shoes - I have some (that is the widest they go, so no use for sailrib anyway), but now they have only one pair of K shoes that width. I don't know what the shops are like anymore but last time I went they had a pitiful selection of very expensive wide fit shoes.

I just looked at wider fit shoes, and for my size (6.5 4E) they have nothing in flat, and nothing I like!

Oh that's annoying they don't do flats in your size. I would of thought they would. In my size, they don't do anything but flats which I don't mind as I've never worn high heels in my life.
  • buffycat
    buffycat Member Posts: 24
    Options
    i wouldn't be without my birkenstocks!

not the most attractive of shoes (mine are shoes rather than flit-flops), but they are wide, comfortable, secure and moulded to the foot inside. They are not the cheapest of shoes (i think i paid 70 for mine), but they are well made and will last for a very long time (several years when worn every day).

my great-gran always said that you should have good shoes and a good bed....if you're not in one you are in the other!
  • sailrib
    Options
    buffycat wrote:

not the most attractive of shoes (mine are shoes rather than flit-flops), but they are wide, comfortable, secure and moulded to the foot inside. They are not the cheapest of shoes (i think i paid 70 for mine), but they are well made and will last for a very long time (several years when worn every day).

my great-gran always said that you should have good shoes and a good bed....if you're not in one you are in the other!

I have Birkenstocks sandals for summer as I find I can't get my orthotics into sandals so having the arch bit helps. I wore my sandals out in 2 summers as I walk so much. Well worth it tho. Gonna buy some more but at the end of the summer as I will be spending all summer in a cast so may as well get a bargain at the end of this summer :)
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Buffycat

First of all why on earth are you paying £70 for birki's when TK Maxx and other outlets sell them at more than half the price? Secondly it was those type of sandals that gave me bunions on both my little toes on each foot, apparently its becuase like Scholls they let the feet spread out and encourage abnormal growth (chiropodists words not mine)...

Elainexx
    buffycat wrote:

• sailrib
    Options
    Buffycat

First of all why on earth are you paying £70 for birki's when TK Maxx and other outlets sell them at more than half the price? Secondly it was those type of sandals that gave me bunions on both my little toes on each foot, apparently its becuase like Scholls they let the feet spread out and encourage abnormal growth (chiropodists words not mine)...

Elainexx
    buffycat wrote:

I paid £27.99 for leather B sandals from A**z*n