blimey!

Options
lizzieuk1
lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
edited 19. Apr 2013, 12:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
Having had a horrible time and finally revealed to my parents hows bad things have really been my mum decided enough was enough, she wrote to my rheumy and has worked some miracle, the secretary emailed back my rheumys response and asked her to call them which she did and then asked me to call in to......wait for it......... Get an appointment sooner than my so called 'emergency' appointment in 3 weeks time!!!that was made 6 weeks ago! She will call tomo with an appointment, wonders will never cease. Xx

Comments

• Claire38
    Claire38 Member Posts: 42
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Blimey!!! That's great!

Perhaps I can get some one to do that for me as well :D

Hmmm......now I'm thinking......
  • lizzieuk1
    Options
    Worth a try I think other people are better at moaning on our behalf we're such a stoical lot!
  • sailrib
    sailrib Member Posts: 327
    Options
    Well Done, hope your appointment goes well.
  • lily
    lily Member Posts: 160
    Options
    Hi
    I phoned my consultants secretary last thursday and got a call back monday with an appointment for today, My original appointment was not till 22 may but my doc was in approval about me phoning, So glad i did it,

Sometimes we just put up with things and put a brave face on everything but sometimes we just need to be open and honest about how we really are, i for one have to get used to stop saying everything is ok..

Good luck with your appointment
    Lily x
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    That's great news, the best of luck :D

One thing I've done in the past is contact my local MP ... Ud be very surprised at how quickly doors are opened!! ;) I did that for my husband ... I wouldn't dream of doing it for myself, typical eh?Lol

Congratulations.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • lizzieuk1
    Options
    Yep contacting mp is something I have done prev unfortunately he is now the PM !! So q difficult to get him to focus on local stuff when he's dealing with summits etc ;)
  • wynnie
    wynnie Member Posts: 117
    Options
    hope your appointments soon ,sometimes the despair of the constant pain can be too much for us and some of us just take it as part of the parcel and swallow tons of painkillers ,i hope you get something that suits and everything sorted out asap good luck
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good on your mum....it goes to show how we have to speak up for ourselves or we are not heard...good Luck with and I hope it goes well for you x
    Love
    Barbara