Sore bum

Options
Sharrym
Sharrym Member Posts: 14
edited 13. May 2013, 16:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
Random question. Does anyone else get sore bum bones??! Bloody sitting down to get some relief and even that hurts!!! Oh but today I was told to drink tonic water and that would help!!

Hugs to all

Sharon

Comments

• lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hmmm tonic water that's an interesting one, thought that was for cramp!!!
    So info on bum bones! They are where your hamstrings attach and have a bursa (fluid filled sac) between them and hamstring tendon, since we tend to suffer arthritis related bursitis I would assume that is why ur bum bones hurt!
    Sorry not much help resolving it other than sit on soft surfaces and cold pack if u can bear it!
  • Claire38
    Claire38 Member Posts: 42
    Options
    I find tonic water helps, if mixed with a little Gin! (in moderation of course!) :wink:
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Now that's one remedy I'd try. :shock: :lol: Mig
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Yes I get sore bum bones. I have to sit on a cushion. Might try Claire's remedy. :lol:
    Christine
  • lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Claire38 wrote:
    I find tonic water helps, if mixed with a little Gin! (in moderation of course!) :wink:

Always a moderate amount of tonic, plenty of gin though :D xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Yes I'm another one that find sitting can be not painful but sore like you say..I am like a yoyo through out the day....I was told to get one of these rings you can sit on....but I haven't tried one yet..
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Do you mean the the sacro-iliac joints? Mine hurt all the time thanks to PsA, whether I'm standing, sitting or lying I know they're there. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    I get sore b*m too!!! I have been told it's bursitis in my case though.

I rather like the treatment regime you all advocate :lol:
  • wynnie
    wynnie Member Posts: 117
    Options
    me too i cant sit and watch a film or anyhting long and i tend to be up and down all day ,maybe just one of these things we have to put up with ,cant see how tonic water would help thats a new one on me ,but agree it would help if mixed with a little alcohol :wink:
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Yes, I have a 'half an hour' bum! I fractured it (coccyx) a few years ago and it never did heal well.

I'm just about to have a healthy G&T, what wonders these modern medicines!!!!! Many thanks for that suggestion, I might have just carried on drinking whisky!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Airwave! wrote:
    I'm just about to have a healthy G&T, what wonders these modern medicines!!!!! Many thanks for that suggestion,

LOVE it Airwave :wink:
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Yep, I'm another one. Can get very painful. It's not only out to the sise of the back, but my tail bone, even to touch hurts. So I am up and down. Cant stand for to long and cant sit for to long. I have just bought a donut from Amazon to try and reduce the pressure but keep forgetting I have it. So, I think the other remedy, with the gin, that one sounds really pleasing.
    Karen xx
  • mig
    Options
    Am I right in thinking you drink it and not rub it in cos I've already downed a couple and its working. :shock: :o :roll: :wink::lol: Oops got carried away Miiii g
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Noooo, Mig. You're supposed to rub it in. :lol::lol::lol:
    Christine
  • mig
    Options
    It's very runny when you try and rub it in,it works better if you drink it but be careful you don't drink too much the headaches the next day are horrendous. ! Mig
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Do you think we might widen the scope of these medicines? Brandy, Cognac, Martini or even a spot of Pimm's for a social application?
  • mig
    Options
    Wow airwaves you are a genius.Mig
  • HARPER04
    HARPER04 Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Like you I suffer from a sore bum especially when my sciatica is playing up
    One day it was giving me 10 on the grief scale no matter what I did it would not I could not get comfortable stood up, sat down extra pain meds my old bottom was soooooo sore.
    Then my beloved in her infinite wisdom suggested using 2 Memory Foam Pillows side by side to sit on and low and behold it worked it did not take the pain away completely but boy it didn't half ease it.
    As I said its not a total cure but having a sore bum when everything else is playing up like a class full of naughty school kids is something you could do without.
    Best Wishes