osteoarthritis and b27

Options
poolie
poolie Member Posts: 2
edited 19. Apr 2013, 07:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi im a newbie im 32 been suffering a few years now but recently its been getting worse have just applyed for dla but not going to get my hopes up looking for advise from diet to vitimins to herbal teas could also do with my own crutches instead of keep borrowing my dads looks like theres plenty to read on the forum too:?

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello pooli
    And a warm welcome from me
    You will get lots of info off the forum..its the first place I turn to...at the top of the forum there is a search button, just type into it what you are looking for and hopefully it will come up. and good luck with the dla...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Hi Poolie

Welcome to the forums from me :)

I am glad you found us.

Regarding your crutches you could really do with seeing a physio for advice. In some areas you can self-refer, if not you may need to ask your GP to refer you.

Any other questions do ask away

and good luck with the DLA
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Hello poolie. It's nice to meet you.

What sort of arthritis do you have? Arthritis Care have lots of booklets and fact sheets, including one on Healthy Lifestyle. http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbysubject

I agree with frogmorton. You really should be measured for your own crutches. You might find there is other stuff they can offer you, too.

Good luck with the DLA.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright