Barbara see's her hip man

Options
dachshund
dachshund Member Posts: 8,942
edited 22. Apr 2013, 07:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello all i hope you have a good weekend
i'm sure Barbara see's her hip man on monday.
i wish her all the best.
joan xx
take care
joan xx

Comments

• constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know. Barbara !! you kept that quiet didn't you. I shall be ready to jump into your pocket for Monday. Make sure you wear something with deep pockets wont you.
    Karen xx
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    I'm a newbie but Barbara has been brilliant to me & reading others posts she's always got, at the very least, a cuddle & shoulder on offer!!

So I wish you all the very best for your appointment huni. U deserve the best treatment. Hugs.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Got biscuits and flask of tea ready,good luck. Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Barbara, I know how much grief you've had from those hips and that back of yours. I do hope this time something will be sorted. I'll be there. (Is that a threat or a promise? :wink: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hope all goes well on Monday, Barbara. I'll be in your pocket too, if there's room! ((())) Beryl. xx
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi
    Yes she is back at Wrightington on 22nd. I hope that you have a good appointment and that you get a plan of action for your hips and back xxx
    I will be in your pocket, in fact you can leave me there as I have to go on Wednesday!!
    Take care xx
    NB
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Joan, thank you for letting us know.

Dear Barbara, I hope all goes as you would like it to at your appointment on Monday. Thinking of you,

Love and gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Thanks Joan for letting us know, just like you Barbara so selfless you always think of others rather than your self, bless you sweet, thinking of you on Monday,let us know how you do...............Marie xx

NB also thinking of you on Wednesday huni let us know how you go xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Thanks Joan.
    Barbara, I'll be in your pocket on Monday. I hope all goes well.
    You are such a great support to everyone here, and never ask for anything in return.
    Take care, (((())))
    Numpty

NB, I hope all goes well for you too. :D
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Joan you Little tinker...but how kind of you to remember thank you..xx
    And a big thank you to all of you...I have read all your post and such kind words...I do get a lot out of supporting others....it takes my mind off me... :)
    Sorry I am not naming you all but trying to get my head round going tomorrow... I am so scared of having my first THR and being no better off...sorry this has been so on going but thankyou again for all your support it really does help... :D:D
    Love to all of you xxxxx
    Barbara who has a little tear in her eye....
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Ooh, good luck tomorrow Barbara. I'll be there in your pocket.
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Barbara

So you're there in the morning are you? Can only wish you all the best, last time you saw about your hips however didn't they want you to have the THR but circumstances meant you couldn't at the time?....I get the nerves but honestly I am the biggest baby around in hospitals, remember me going in with a cuddly dog for my TKR, I bet they talk about me as being right pain int ****!!
    Good luck Barb and nowt wrong with a tear in yer eye, your'e human!

Elainexx

barbara12 wrote:
    Joan you Little tinker...but how kind of you to remember thank you..xx

And a big thank you to all of you...I have read all your post and such kind words...I do get a lot out of supporting others....it takes my mind off me... :)
    Sorry I am not naming you all but trying to get my head round going tomorrow... I am so scared of having my first THR and being no better off...sorry this has been so on going but thankyou again for all your support it really does help... :D:D
    Love to all of you xxxxx
    Barbara who has a little tear in her eye....
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    You kept that quiet didn't you?
    You know I want to know all about it don't you :wink:
    With having much the same problems ...Back v Hips :roll:
    Please let us know
    I'll be there with bells on
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thanks so much frogmella Elaine and hileena
    Elaine if I thought this pain was all from the hip they could do it in the morning..but even my consultant isn't sure..I had the back injections but they didnt help...
    Frogmella thankyou for your support...
    hileena I am more mixed up than ever and keep thinking how you were know better of after your first THR...I never expected it to be so complex I have even done my homework on the net ..but that is more confusing.... :roll:
    Oh well I will see what he thinks this time.... :shock:
    Thanks again all of you...I know you are all suffering...and I do think about you...xxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Barbara.....Try to be positive it really does help. I doubt any of us enjoy hospital appointments but it has to be done.
    I'm sorry I can't be in your pocket as I have a scan tomorrow but I will be thinking about you very much.
    We have a very big hospital here,they combined three and I don't think there are many parts I haven't been in yet!!!!!
    Chin up my lovely you'll be fine and I do hope something is done to help with your pain.
    May xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    Don't know if I told you but the most recent thing is I'm seeing a clinical psychologist {this came from the pain clinic apt} I'm depressed apparently.
    Oh well. Who wouldn't be when they cant make up their minds about our pain :lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hello May its lovely to hear from you...how is the treatment going I know the last we heard your hands were very sore....and thank you...I should take a leaf out of your book..you are a very brave lady...xx
    Would you believe I am a really positive person....honest..3 years ago I went on the list..and then this new consultant said he wasn't so sure it was my just my hips.....
    Hileena its so frustrating has you know....I sometimes wish these blinking hips would just go on me.... psychologist yes I remember you saying how are you getting on with it...like you say what do they expect when you are in pain....I hopes it some help to you...who knows..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Barbara, if there's enough room I will be there too. Good luck.

Susie
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Will be right there in your pocket Barbara

Thanks for the reminder Joan Barbara is always there for the rest of us

Love and ((()))

Toni xxx
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Just a quicky. I'm jumping in your pocket now. I would rather get in there now so we are ready. Good luck Barbara, don't forget, you must have questions.
    Karen xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Just getting ready,rather stiff fingers crossed.good luck. Mig
  • barbara12
    Options
    A big Thankyou
    Mig, Toni, Karen, and Susie...
    Its means so much having your support...I have all my questions wrote down....and there are some believe me..hubby is coming with me...well he has to really hes the driver... :?
    the appointment is 2.45...but the hospital is quite a distance..so we will be of for 2....I have pack lunches for everyone....including a couple of bottles of wine...but I dont want any rowdiness thankyou... :lol:
    Will see you when I get back xxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    I have pack lunches for everyone....including a couple of bottles of wine...

OK I'm in :wink: It's known as bribery and corruption, Barbara, and I'm always up for a bit of that :)

I hope it goes well. I really do. Be strong. ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    With you on that one Sticky did someone mention wine :D have made some chocolate ginger truffles will bring them along.

With you all the way Barbara ((((()))))xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Chocolate ginger truffles sound gorgeous, can I put an order in?....I will bring along the non alcholic fresh orange and lemonade option...

Good luck Barbara!

Elainexx
    villier wrote:
    With you on that one Sticky did someone mention wine :D have made some chocolate ginger truffles will bring them along.

With you all the way Barbara ((((()))))xx