Writing with up date

Options
queenfan
queenfan Member Posts: 563
edited 22. Apr 2013, 14:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Friday morning I had a visit from a mental health nurse to give me a mind test, I have been having problems with my memory which was quite worrying,Well things went OK but just to make sure he is sending me for a brain scan. I have also had my second lot of fasting blood results back & they are higher than last time plus unlike the last vampire that took them, this one showed no mercy, but I didn't let it show just gave her a large smile then called her a ***** under my breath lol, my doctor said we need to deal with this now so wrote off to Haematologist/ & rheumatologist, which I received an appointment from rheumy yesterday, due to see him 9th of May so not long to wait then I think everyone wants to prod my body, I can't complain at least they seem to be getting things done, with the Iron over load my hubby & daughter call me the Iron lady, I'll get my own back the little B****rs lol :wink::wink: best wishes to all Sue

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm pleased things are happening for you, hopefully they'll get you sorted.
    I'm available for pocket duties on 9th May, hope all goes well, and the prodding' s not too traumatic. :wink:
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    The best of luck Sue.

I have fibromyalgia & it causes me all sorts of cognitive problems, bad memory, I can't find words in my brain so have to give long descriptions until someone says the word I mean etc I really was afraid that I had early onset dementia but it is just bad fibro fog wen I'm in a flare!!

I'm sorry I don't know ure background to give a better reply :?

I truly hope you get given answers soon. All the best, big hugs.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Nasty phlebotomist there Sue :x

Well-done for coping so well with her though.

The IRON LADY??? Well I am sure that you have a soft centre :wink:

I am very pleased they are looking after you and hope you very soon get to the bottom of it all - including your memory. Hopefully nothing wrong there.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Sue
    I do think these blood people take a great delight in there job.... :roll:
    I am glad to see things are moving on for you..must say your GP seems to be on the ball....hope you get some answers very soon x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Things are moving and that is good. It's also good that the memory test went OK and they are being thorough enough to also do a brain scan.

Hey you guys, give the phlebotomists a break :) Where would all us auto-immune types be without them? I feel sorry for mine. After decades of regular blood tests my veins shimmy away at the sight of a needle. It's not the fault of the poor lass just trying to do her job.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • queenfan
    Options
    Thanks everyone I will let you know how things go.
    Sticky you are right they do a good job, & i am so grateful that they can get the blood out of me unlike at the doctors, But there are good one & bad ones in every profession don't you think :wink: and boy did she have one on her that day,not only with me but with others that were more fragile than me, if that was a good day for her god help anyone that crossed her I say :shock: :lol::lol:
    take care Sue
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    At least hopefully get some answers soon Sue, I'm getting tested tomorrow by a neuro psychologist the only touble is she will be lucky to find a brain in my case :lol: at least they seem to be doing plenty of tests and leaving no stone unturned, I will be available on the 9th just remind us nearer the time Sue.............tc.............Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • queenfan
    Options
    Oh thanks Marie ( my sisters name) so you must have a brain lol unlike me :lol: I hope everything goes ok for you tomorrow & I will be there in your pocket :idea: I must remember to bring some sweeties & drinks with me, I hope you have big pockets :) Let us know how you get on.
    take care Sue x