Socks that don't make your feet swell?

Options
sailrib
sailrib Member Posts: 327
edited 22. Apr 2013, 13:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
I've just come across this style of sock that says it doesn't allow your feet to swell.

I've never heard of this and was wondering if other people have tried it?

The ones I found are called Gentle Grip and are only £4 for 3 pairs, but my Dad says I should find out about them first before spending £4, lol.

They seem like a god sock :)

Comments

• Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have those socks but they don't stop swelling. They didn't do much for me tbh, although not having a sock mark on very swollen feet days was better.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I've never heard of these. I use Cosyfeet cotton (cotton rich?) socks which have a soft top so don't dig in.

I imagine Flight Socks might stop swelling but I'd take medical advice before using them regularly. They're not suitable for everyone (diabetics spring to mind) even for flying.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • sailrib
    Options
    They say Gentle Grip HoneyComb tops carefully moulds to the natural contours of your leg leaving no nasty construction rings.

Then the reviews are saying that as you don't have the rings at the top of the socks/legs, people are saying they get less swelling and others say no swelling at all.

£4 for 3 pairs is not a lot to loose so I think I'll order some in once the shoes I've ordered arrive :)
  • sailrib
    Options
    I've never heard of these. I use Cosyfeet cotton (cotton rich?) socks which have a soft top so don't dig in.

I imagine Flight Socks might stop swelling but I'd take medical advice before using them regularly. They're not suitable for everyone (diabetics spring to mind) even for flying.

I've just looked at the CosyFeet website, looks good. Will be another option for me as well. Thanks :)
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Sorry, Sailrib, I should have made it clear that, although I love these socks for their comfort, and because they wash well, they make no claims about stopping swelling.
    Steven Wright
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    TK Maxx sell these socks all the time no need to order online and pay more...

Elainexx
    sailrib wrote:
    They say Gentle Grip HoneyComb tops carefully moulds to the natural contours of your leg leaving no nasty construction rings.

Then the reviews are saying that as you don't have the rings at the top of the socks/legs, people are saying they get less swelling and others say no swelling at all.

£4 for 3 pairs is not a lot to loose so I think I'll order some in once the shoes I've ordered arrive :)
  • sailrib
    Options
    Sorry, Sailrib, I should have made it clear that, although I love these socks for their comfort, and because they wash well, they make no claims about stopping swelling.

No need to be sorry. I know they won't help swelling but I saw some socks from the website that have extra room which looked good :)
  • sailrib
    Options
    TK Maxx sell these socks all the time no need to order online and pay more...

Elainexx
    sailrib wrote:

Will have a look at TK Maxx, thanks :)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello sailrib
    I use the soft top socks but the ones I have dont say they stop swelling just that they dont dig into your leg..and cause the nasty marks..I think the only way to stop swelling is to raise the legs up whenever you are sat down...higher than your hips they say...
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    I think the only way to stop swelling is to raise the legs up whenever you are sat down...higher than your hips they say...

But then you look so disrespectful at a wedding or funeral and so paralytic in the pub :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • sailrib
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hello sailrib
    I use the soft top socks but the ones I have dont say they stop swelling just that they dont dig into your leg..and cause the nasty marks..I think the only way to stop swelling is to raise the legs up whenever you are sat down...higher than your hips they say...

I think it depends person to person. The reviews from people who've bought them, some say there swelling has gone and others say it helps. But the manufactures of the socks as you say, don't claim to stop the swelling.

The socks along look more comfy so I'm going down that route I think :)
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Oh Stickywicket, you do make me laugh :lol::lol::lol:
    I have missed you and am so glad you are back. Hope you had a wonderful holiday.

I'm afraid I know nothing about these socks so can't help. I do get fed up with tight socks and marks so will watch this thread with interest.

Susie
  • trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    Options
    when you have your heel fused they will give you a nice new pair of socks to take home

buy soft grip socks of some sort like ones Wolsey make , but they wont stop your ankle's/leg swelling , its all to do with circalation & RA causing ankles to swell
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Can't help feeling the legs higher than hips remedy falls into the 'I wish' category for many....