Hello again!

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 23. Apr 2013, 02:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
I'm typing this left handed so excuse mistakes! We're all still here so I'm doing something right. Tegen has finally passed her birth weight through some hefty feeding up, Summer being well passed hers from the same feeding up! It isn't always easy or fun, especially last week when Mr LV went to work and for a couple of days the clouds of chaos descended, along with the soundtrack of babies howling. It is always worth it though! I got very excited last week when they both started to fix their vision and I spent time showing them things, not sure they were all that interested but I appreciated the change from just feeding and cleaning! We go for a walk most days to save my sanity, I found being stuck in the house too much when they were both howling, plus the pram soothes them.
We were visited by a health visitor last week who annoyed the hell out of me. She was useless and gave me a lecture on how I must breast feed forever or be classed as an evil mother. Telling her the aim was to feed as long as arthritis permitted and that once it returned they would have to be formula fed or risk meth poisoning left her unsure what to say. Don't treat everyone the same would be my advice to her!
Hope you are all well as can be. Much love,especially to DD xx
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello LV
    I just spotted you before I log off..its lovely to hear from you . :D
    Dont you take any notice of the health visitor...you have done so well all on instinct..like you say if only they would treat people has individuals...just you wait till those little eyes are looking into your and smiling..I can imagine the chaos although I have never had twins... :) I am so very pleased for you ...((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Still remember the health visitor when my first was born telling me that his legs were too long ! He's now 34 and is still quite tall . Please ignore these silly remarks from those who believe in " book parenting " , not everyone fits the rules and regulations . You are obviously doing an amazing job caring for and loving your beautiful babies so carry on doing what you're doing and disregard the rest . Jillyb
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    It sounds to me as if you're doing a lot right, LV. Two small babies plus arthritis is a massive task. Yours are thriving but then they have a good Mum & Dad looking after them.

It seems ridiculous that a Health Visitor would not be made aware of special circumstances of a new Mum. Despite all my efforts I could only breastfeed my first for a few weeks before I had to go back on my meds. The second only had a few days. Do as you can, not as you can't.

As for vision - I remember, from my young grandson, that the thinking is now that young babies focus best on black and white so better get drawing black lines on white paper :wink:

You're doing great. Keep it up.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    All I can say is stick to your guns. Your the mum, not her. I had my first daughter pregnant at 35 and the midwife was awful to me. Telling me I was to old and there would be complications. Sometimes they can be real hitlers. You are doing really well.
    Karen xx
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    It's good to hear things are going well, even though you're probably hanging off the ceiling at times....only a few more years to go!!

Don't forget to take care of yourself too!
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Well done LV these are pretty hard days working out what the heck is going on and asking yourself why oh why are they crying?!!!!!
    Omg ur health visitor sounds like a dragon, the way I dealt with mine was just not to tell her stuff unless I had to then I'd just agree with her suggestions and do what I wanted at home! When the RA was starting up again I slowly introduced more formula and by the time I saw her next he was 100% formula fed and I was back on the meds she was just a bit shocked when I told her that but I thought well heyho there's noubt u can do about it so like it or lump it lady !!!!!! Things were fine after that and we got on great, think she realised I was doing it my way and she had no choice, at the end of the day its your child and so long as they're happy and healthy tis none of their business.
    Keep enjoying the baby days they will pass so quick, then you'll be onto terrible tantrums-oh joy!!!!! Worth every moment though. Xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi LV,you seem to be in control to me,your babies are thriving and putting on weight,mothers instinct always worked for me but I was lucky I had good health visitors.Massive big hugs to all of you.(((()))) x x x x Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Lovely to hear from you LV, it was so funny I had a dream about you the other night, you had posted on chit-chat, it was like a keyring?? with a video of the girls chuckling and giggling it was so funny and so cute and they both had a mop of dark hair, I am pleased to see you seem to be coping splendidly and I don't think you need advice except your own, keep up the good work and keep us posted whenever you can.........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Sounds to me as though you are all doing brilliantly. :D
    From what I know of you, you'll do your own thing anyway :wink::lol:
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Well HELLO Lignumvitae

Fabulous to hear from you and to hear how well the little ones are doing :D

Midwives eh? :roll:

Offended me too v much when I first had Charley two and a half months early.....worried me to death that she would have learning disabilities :roll:

Turned up unsolicited :roll: bit of pooh on the change-mat :oops: Oooh what a failure I felt and me a qualified Social Worker :oops:

You do what is best for you Tegan and Summer you will know.

Love and ((())) for them and ((())) for you

Toni xxx
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Hi LV!

It does sound like you are doing famously! I know nothing about babies but I agree that you should just ignore your stupid health visitor. We (humans) have been reproducing for a long time without their interference!

It is so good to hear you are coping so well. :D
    XX