I am an AssH*le becuase..

Options
sbolam
sbolam Member Posts: 374
edited 25. Apr 2013, 07:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Me and my partner went to a carboot yesterday morning, and I park next to this van, leaving plenty of room for me to get out and so the van would not hit my car when they opened the door. When this rather large women came around from the back and shouting a rather officious tone "I cant get in to the van. so I said politely *there is plenty of room, see I can get out ok". still shouting "I cant get in there" I said I will but there was no need to be rude about it", I as drove the car to the space opposite I got out and we heard her call me arseh*le. so I told there was no need for the language, still shouting " cant you see its disabled car, you need to get your eff eyes checked"...

being polite I simply said " manners costs nothing and with that attitude its no wander people with disabilities get a bad press" and i walked off with my partner.

I mean some people.
04_pain.jpg

Comments

• DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi sbolam,

I'm sorry you were treated so rudely!! :( I assure you not all disabled people are rude & like you, we find good manners are free & go a very long way to making our lives easier!!

It annoys us wen others with disabilities treat their blue badges as a god given right to do & say wot they like rather than view it as something to be grateful for that makes our lives a lot easier!!

I hope ure next experience with a blue badge holder is much better & far more polite!! :?

One bug bare I do have is ... non badge holders parking in disability bays!! To see Mr Osborne (Chancellor) doing so made my blood boil.

Take care.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • sbolam
    Options
    I mean really all she had to say was, sorry but do you mind I need a little more room..end off. I would have happily said no problem..

It kinda spoilt the morning..
    04_pain.jpg
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Why did she need so much room Stephen. Did she need a run up?

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • sbolam
    Options
    I have no idea, but I did the right thing anyway and moved to another spot..there was just no need for the attitude or the language from the lady..as my mum used to say if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    04_pain.jpg
  • PollySid
    PollySid Member Posts: 343
    Options
    Alan had something similar to that last year, when he went fishing. Unfortunately disable people come in all guises and can be polite or rude as the rest of the population.
    A question I just thought of - is there a limit on the type of vehicle a blue badge can be used in? For instance, can it be used in a large white van, or bigger vehicles?
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Pollysid

That don't apply you see folk with blue badges coming out of really low sports cars or the huge big american type 4x4's the Hilux ones and I think to myself "how the hell are you disabled and can use a car like that" but I guess there is all sorts in all walks of life!

Elainex
    PollySid wrote:
    Alan had something similar to that last year, when he went fishing. Unfortunately disable people come in all guises and can be polite or rude as the rest of the population.
    A question I just thought of - is there a limit on the type of vehicle a blue badge can be used in? For instance, can it be used in a large white van, or bigger vehicles?