ooooppppp's bubbadog takes tumble!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 23. Apr 2013, 08:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Guys! Well it all took place on Thursday morning, it had nothing to do with the babies either! I was taking a small parcel upstairs away from the kittens and I got to the one before the top stair when my legs gave way on me I went to turn so my free arm could grab the rail, I managed to get my arm behind the rail like an anchor just in time as I fell with both my knees hitting 2 stairs on the way down as the anchor did the job of stopping me fall further. I not sure how badly I have injured myself but roughly I know I have damaged a muscle in the inside of my arm it has a lump in it! Both my knee's & ankles have swollen and it's painful to walk. I'm also having problems sleeping as I can't lie down so try to sleep sitting up but so far the longest I have slept is 4 hrs , thank goodness for kindles!! I'm having to have Oro-morph on top of my meds. I know the accident is my own fault for going upstairs when there was know one in the house. So if I'm not around on here for a while I'm sorry.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your fall, bubbadog. Don't beat yourself up about it (It'd only hurt more :wink: ) We all do stupid things then pay the price. I hope it eases up soon. Arnica or witch hazel are both good for bruises.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,942
    Options
    Hello Amanda
    i'm so sorry you had a fall it shakes you up.
    take care ((((((((Amanda))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Am so sorry to hear of your fall on the stairs and do hope the pain will ease for you soon. We all try and do things and sometimes they don't always work out the way we hope. I've also fallen on the stairs (some years ago). Had trapped sciatic nerve and my leg just gave way and fell backwards, fortunately from only about 6 stairs up. Don't think it did my poor back much good and it has made me very nervous on stairs, especially now my knee has joined the OA club!

I do hope you will be feeling less sore soon and in the meantime, take care of yourself. Beryl. (((())))
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Sorry about your tumble,hope you feel better soon. Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your fall Bubbadog, hope you recover quickly and manage to get some sleep soon.........................tc.................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Poor you Bubba. Take care of yourself please! I fell down the stairs a few years ago, the first time my back went. I blamed it on the meds! My shoulder still plays me up from time to time as a result - I used that arm to catch myself on the bannister!
    Hope you feel better soon. ((()))
  • wynnie
    wynnie Member Posts: 117
    Options
    poor you bet you got a fright ,you must be in some pain and its just what we need added sore bits to the ones we already have :( ,in saying that i have a friend who has 30 stiches in her scalp where she done the same as you ,only she didnt manage to anchor onto the banister she tumbled backwards downstairs and nearly scalped herself on artex ,trust me they had to nearly stich one side of her scalp back on ,now i know that wont take away your pain ,but if it does the same to you like it does to me (makes my toes curl ) then it might make you feel a little bit lucky ,hope your pain goes away soon sending you a hug (( )) ...
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Amanda, rest up and take it easy.
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Aaw Bubba, you didn't want to do that! :o
    I hope you heal well and quickly.
    (((())))
    Numpty
  • wynnie
    wynnie Member Posts: 117
    Options
    hope you are feeling a little bit less sore today ,if this weather would heat up and we could get out a bit it would be fine , hopefully your arm isnt so sore ,and the swellingis starting to go down on your ankles and feet, its half the battle if you get a sleep and then you can deal with things hopefully you hav managed to sleep as well ,fingers crossed for a quick recovery ,x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh bubba I am sorry..its such an awful shock when you fall..I do think sometimes this can be worse than the injuries...saying that you do seem to have some nasty in juries there...please get them looked at if you are at all worried....sending you loads of very gentle hugs (((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Morning Bubbadog, I hope you're feeling a little better today.
    I think. Barbara is right, it might be a good idea to have a doctor look at your injuries.
    Thinking of you, (((())))
    Numpty
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Oh dear, I do hope you are feeling a bit better today. Don't blame yourself, you were merely doing what we all do, which is trying to carry on. It is very frightening when you have a fall, I know I seem to keep managing to do that one. Keep a check on your arm, maybe you should think about going to your gp if it is still really painful.

I really hope you do feel better very soon.
    Karen xx