ON THE LIST FOR MY FIRST THR

Options
barbara12
barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
edited 24. Apr 2013, 12:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Can I just say thankyou to SW, Marie ,Elaine, and Joan for your answers on my other thread.. it means a lot your support..and all the others that I have already thanked...
We waited over 3and a half hours...his clinic was running late...they shouted me in and it was a registrar very nice...we went through it all back and hips..and he said whatever way we go these hips will need doing very soon...so I agreed...he couldn't promise the pain would go..but the hip would if I didn't have it done...so put like that.. :roll: after quite a while I asked could I see my consultant...so he went and got him....he said I must have more injection in my back...and to see the back consultant again..then he said was I happy to go ahead...ecstatic I said.... :lol:
So there you go I bet you all thought this day would never come...
Thanks again everyone xxxxx
Love
Barbara

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    Yay!! you have made a very big step, and won`t regret it! I hope you get your date soon and that we can recover together xx
    Do you still have to have the back injections though??
    NB
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Yeh Barbara ,to celebrate I will cook you a special tea tomorrow ,what would you like ? shall we have it in the cafe ? Mig
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Hey Barbara

Well that was naughty to keep you waiting wasn't it? At least you now know the inevitbale is happening and it surely will give you relief. So its new hips is it, not two operations one for back as well, sorry me easy confussed!
    Im happy that you have news now and Im sure they will have you in pretty swift, once you state you are happy to go ahead they don't seem to hold back which isn't a bad thing...
    You have my best wishes for speedy surgery date...

Elaine & Sol
    xx xx
    barbara12 wrote:
    Can I just say thankyou to SW, Marie ,Elaine, and Joan for your answers on my other thread.. it means a lot your support..and all the others that I have already thanked...
    We waited over 3and a half hours...his clinic was running late...they shouted me in and it was a registrar very nice...we went through it all back and hips..and he said whatever way we go these hips will need doing very soon...so I agreed...he couldn't promise the pain would go..but the hip would if I didn't have it done...so put like that.. :roll: after quite a while I asked could I see my consultant...so he went and got him....he said I must have more injection in my back...and to see the back consultant again..then he said was I happy to go ahead...ecstatic I said.... :lol:
    So there you go I bet you all thought this day would never come...
    Thanks again everyone xxxxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    :o Barbara! At last! I feel like Victor Meldrew - I don't believe it :lol: But I'm really pleased and, as I said to NB earlier today, I just hope yours are as good as mine - I haven't had any problems with either of them. Can I be the first to apply for pocket duties? I'm really happy about this. :D Well done!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Thats great Barbara must have been a long three and a half years for you, at last, here's hoping it will be done very soon, will certainly be in your pocket on that day, I think there will be a few busses required for that date, I am sure you must have mixed feelings at this moment but we are all here to help you get there...................tc...........Marie xxx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    villier wrote:
    Thats great Barbara must have been a long three and a half years for you, at last, here's hoping it will be done very soon, will certainly be in your pocket on that day, I think there will be a few busses required for that date, I am sure you must have mixed feelings at this moment but we are all here to help you get there...................tc...........Marie xxx

Awe you had to get in there fist Sticky, didn't you :lol:
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thanks so much..NB, Mig,Elaine, SW and Marie..
    :o:o this is me right now...Elaine I have to see my back consultant to see if he want to do anything first... :roll: no chance... :roll:
    SW you sound very surprised...did you not have any faith in me... :roll: :lol:
    Mig I will see you in the cafe..I am starving and thirsty...
    Marie thankyou...I will need you all there ..and he did agree I could..like birthing partners.. :lol:
    NB yes I have to have more back injections but they dont work so I might say no...see what my back man says :? we were so near to getting in at the same time..I will be picking your brains..
    Right I am off to get something to eat...see you all later xxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    That's good news Barbara. I hope you don't have to wait too long, and I'm up for pocket duties, as and when needed.
    Take care,
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    I will need you all there ..and he did agree I could..like birthing partners.. :lol:

Tell him you'll need a very large theatre - or maybe the Royal Albert Hall :lol:

Marie - sorry I jumped in ahead of you :oops: :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Barbara,
    Well at last, scary..yes but after all this time it will be a relief. I do hope that you dont have to wait too long before you get a definite date.
    Fingers crossed with the back consultant, but at least things are actually moving forward for you at long last!
    Lots of hugs to you flower,

I x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Barbara

It has been a long road but a positive appointment and now events appear to be moving along. Don't let them forget you - keep them on their toes. What a day for you.

Love and gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    That's great news. Hope you don't have to wait too long Barbara. I'll be there with the others.
    Christine
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thankyou ...Numpty, SW, Ironic, Elna and Christine
    Cant believe Iv gone and done it.... :o Did I mention I asked could he do both at once...he refused bluntly..and said I could die... :roll:
    Do they like putting the fear of god in you...
    I have only got this far with the support of all of you....
    SW I did say first in my pocket buys the drinks at the new hip party..
    Elna you have been there from the beginning...if I had listened to you it would have all been done and dusted now... :roll: :)
    Ironic Im not sure what the back man will do or say...but at least like you say I am getting somewhere now
    Numpty...I will be pleased to have you in my pocket...
    And Christine.. :D
    Love to all of you xxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
    Options
    Hello Barbara
    i'm pleased you are having it done it's the best thing you could do.
    i know how worried you are but you are right what else can you
    do.
    we will get you through this ((((((((Barbara))))))))
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • MrOptimist
    MrOptimist Member Posts: 175
    Options
    Adopting a positive attitude is paramount to a patient's physical surgery and recovery speed - so keep smiling Barbara - you will be in safe hands and everything will be fine :).
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Great news Barbara and hope the result is as good as my THR. Will be here if you have any questions in the coming months,

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Cor blimey, was it you at the appointment or another Barbara? :wink: I am so proud of you, well done. Surgery is designed to help and improve matters and you will know from all your reading on here that much of that depends on the patient - the surgeon can only do so much, the rest will be up to you and we will be there, cheering you on. Well done Barbara, girl you done good! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi Barbara. Am so pleasedto hear you had positive appointment - eventually! What an awful long time to wait. Hope you don't hve to wait too long for your op. Will be in your pocket - if there is any room! Beryl
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thanks so much Joan, MrO, Elizabeth , DD, and Beryl
    I have had a phone call off my back man ...he says if I am happy to go ahead then he is.... :? dont they give you confidence... :roll:
    Anyhow I am on the list..and not coming off...my hip man says if all goes well I can think of having the other done 6 months later...
    Got my head round it all now..I think...xxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    That is good news Barbara. I kept checking on here yesterday - the wait for your appointment explains things!! I know surgery is scary but it can make a massive difference. Well done for making such a big decision. :D
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thankyou frogmella for your support
    Its done now...so we shall see....I am sure it will help my back ...has I am walking like a duck as you can imagine... :roll:
    I do hope you are keeping has well as possible...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    I missed this one with talking to you :lol:
    I'm so pleased for you and hope it is soon
    As for the back injections......well like me...they don't seem to do any good so why bother with more day surgery :?: Lets hope they decide to just go ahead with the THR and no more back injections.
    Don't forget your exercises before {and after the THR} :wink:
    Love
    Hileena
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    I hope it helps your back too. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. x
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thanks so much hileena and frogmella
    hileena you understand what it is like when its back verses hips, we have been helping one another...saying that you have been more help to me....
    frogmella...it really help knowing you are there with your support.. it can't be doing my back any good.....so we shall see...xx
    Love
    Barbara