Consultant update on knee.

Options
wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 25. Apr 2013, 13:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well my consultant is pleased with my progress after my Revision on the knee he said I am doing well keep up with the physio He explained what was wrong and what he had to do to put it right.He said it was very complicated and very messy. Although I only have 72% bend at the moment I should achieve more as time goes on I still have a problem with the muscle or tendon not to sure at the back and side of the knee I asked about the physio I needed to do to relax this muscle he said there is nothing physio can do it.s got too much fibrous tissue attached to it and that can only be done by surgery later. I have to go back in 3 months time. By the way I had a good 70th birthday and I can start to drive again so it's not all bad.

Comments

• sailrib
    sailrib Member Posts: 327
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Glad things are going well and I hope they continue to improve as well :)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    It sounds as if you're really getting somewhere now, Wendgro. I'm so pleased. If it takes a bit more surgery to remove the fibrous tissue, so be it. It will be worth it. Keep on with the physio. I'm sure you'll get there in the end.

Very good news about your 70th and being able to drive again.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Wendy
    I am so very pleased you are getting there at last....you do sound like you have a good surgeon..so that must put your mind at rest... ...I will be watching your progress...and wishing you well with it all xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • wendgro
    wendgro Member Posts: 296
    Options
    My surgeon is a very nice man we do have a bit of a laugh as well he's also a large tall man so makes me feel small which can't be bad. Just drven the car up and down our access road felt ok. just need to tell the brain that I can drive :D:D
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    hi Wendgro
    It is good to see that things are going well with your knee. It really helps to be able to talk to your consultant. Mine is great, but I did have an awful one when I was younger, he never made eye contact!
    Well done on the driving :D I am having to retrain my brain to think differently ahead of my second THR, swapping the sides for restriction rules etc. My brain will find that hard!! :lol:
    I hope your good recovery continues x
    NB
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Hi

That sounds quite a positive consultation and 72% is a work in progress, its amazing how the bend just seems to all of a sudden get better.
    Can I ask about the muscle/tendon thing, cos I had my TKR 6 months ago and still get pain with ligament that is at the side and back? I was told mine would get better in time no mention of further surgery.....
    Driving is great to get back to, what knee was it with you? Mine is left knee and it gets quite a workout even though i only drive for about half an hour a day...

Elainexx :-))
    wendgro wrote:
    Well my consultant is pleased with my progress after my Revision on the knee he said I am doing well keep up with the physio He explained what was wrong and what he had to do to put it right.He said it was very complicated and very messy. Although I only have 72% bend at the moment I should achieve more as time goes on I still have a problem with the muscle or tendon not to sure at the back and side of the knee I asked about the physio I needed to do to relax this muscle he said there is nothing physio can do it.s got too much fibrous tissue attached to it and that can only be done by surgery later. I have to go back in 3 months time. By the way I had a good 70th birthday and I can start to drive again so it's not all bad.
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    That's great news on the whole, well done :D

Congratulations on your 70th too!! :D

Take care.x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x