Cimzia

Options
anniek
anniek Member Posts: 39
edited 28. Apr 2013, 19:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi ,after years of being on Enbrel I am now being moved on to a drug called Cimzia in a couple of weeks ,it was delivered yesterday and has user friendly syringes which is great because I was having problems injecting ,anyone on this drug ?have to say Im a bit nervous changing over ,Anne

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Anne
    Sorry I cant offer any help,but hopefully someone will be along very soon that can...I am interested to hear you have user friendly needles..when I have my new hip I will have to inject for a few weeks... :roll: I do wish you well with the meds x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I can't help either, Anne, I'm afraid. I know it's come up before but not too often. I hope someone will see this thread who can help and I wish you all the best on it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Hi Anne, slightly reluctant to post because Cimzia didn't work for me (but Enbrel does.) I found the 'user-friendly' injection difficult because of the arthritis in my hands, ironically, but other people I've spoken to really like it. On a more positive note, the side effects were minimal, which is always a good thing. I hope you get on well with it.
  • anniek
    Options
    Thanks for your replies will probably start injections next week ,Iv been on Enbrel for 7 years but the last 6 months Iv not been doing too well on it ,time will tell with the Cimzia thanks again Anne :)
  • jacqmun
    jacqmun Member Posts: 65
    Options
    I was on Cimzia, it did help but unfortunately the side affects were outweighing the benefits so was told to stop!
    Good luck and I hope you have more success with it!!!
    When it rains, look for rainbows. When it's dark, look for stars
  • kathe
    kathe Member Posts: 183
    Options
    Good luck whit cimzia.. I was on it four about 6 months but it did not help at all.. I got so sick from it and got so many side effects , so I was told to stop..
    But maybe it helps four you.. But four me it was The worst medication I have tried..
    Kathe..
  • anniek
    Options
    Thanks for your replies sorry to hear it was no good for yous and made you sick ,it was the side effect s of the drug I was a bit worried about what side effects did you get ....
  • kathe
    kathe Member Posts: 183
    Options
    I got infections all The time, urininfection, kidnee infection ... And many other.. My toa nails youst fall of.. They got real dark and started falling of..
    It was so many side effect .. I was real sick then..had to operate on My toa's to then.. But hopefully cimzia is helping you..It is not the same four everybody ..

Kathe
  • anniek
    Options
    You really did have a hard time on Cimzia Kathe hope your ok now ,keep well Anne