Foetal Position

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 25. Apr 2013, 07:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

My 6 month old knee is now showing signs of getting stronger and more flexible...In bed now I can sleep in a fully foetal position, in fact can just about get my new knee up to my chest and then it goes no further due to me belly/boobs ha!...
I have also done two more or less hour walks this last week too without any pain or stiffness, downhill or steps is still not great but its progress!!

Elainexx

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Great stuff Elaine you look it looks as if things are totally on the up, great news, keep up the good work...........Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Elaine this is brilliant news... :D I am so pleased for you...I keep thinking back to when you first came on the forum...and look at you now...when I was at Wrightington..there was another women from Kendal...and one even further a field ...just outside London...
    Just think how you can now look forward to summer...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Marie

Thanks I think things are looking up with this knee, I am probably too impatient but it is reaping rewards now!
    I keep thinking of those choc ginger truffles, yum! Am off to Inverness in 4 weeks time might have to come and get a batch off you en route??
    Hope you are well me dear?

Elainexx
    villier wrote:
    Great stuff Elaine you look it looks as if things are totally on the up, great news, keep up the good work...........Marie x
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Barbara

It is a long time since I was whingeng about me gammy leg isn't it? I am amazed at how good it looks and how it is healing...My scar looks like one that is a few years old not 6 months and the feeling is coming back too....
    Was that when you were there the other day a lady from Kendal and one from London? My fellow swimmer Maureen goes in for kneecap repalcement tomorrow....
    I will be ambling about this summer, if we get one!

Elainexx
    barbara12 wrote:
    Elaine this is brilliant news... :D I am so pleased for you...I keep thinking back to when you first came on the forum...and look at you now...when I was at Wrightington..there was another women from Kendal...and one even further a field ...just outside London...
    Just think how you can now look forward to summer...xx
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Elaine
    It`s good to hear that your knee is feeling better and that you are able to walk comfortably now :D I am enjoying my last few nights of sleeping in any position I like (well almost!) before sleeping on my back again for 6 weeks after Monday. I went to the teaching session by OT today, which was good although I was easily the youngest there again !!Even though I feel 90 at the moment :lol:
    Enjoy your trip to Inverness, my cousin worked there for a while, it`s a loooong way up!!
    NB
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    HI NB

Of course you will be enjoying the last home comforts before you go in next week...Enjoy this weekend as much as you can...Sounds like you were like me at the Therapy Education Session, youngest by a mile!
    My trip to Inverness will take me around 6 hours to complete, normally 5 hours but I will stop lots this time as I'm on me tod....
    I am reaping the rewards of this new knee has been a long journey and it still amazes me everyday/week/month...

Elainexx
    Hi Elaine
    It`s good to hear that your knee is feeling better and that you are able to walk comfortably now :D I am enjoying my last few nights of sleeping in any position I like (well almost!) before sleeping on my back again for 6 weeks after Monday. I went to the teaching session by OT today, which was good although I was easily the youngest there again !!Even though I feel 90 at the moment :lol:
    Enjoy your trip to Inverness, my cousin worked there for a while, it`s a loooong way up!!
    NB
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Great news, very happy for you :D x
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Unsure

Oh well its about time isn't it and I do still have bursitis on my hips so I'm not out of the woods totally with the NHS treatments....
    I don't know if you can change your username, suspect would have to create a whole new account....

Elainexx
    Unsure wrote:
    Jealous but happy for you.

Will you be changing your user name to elainegoodknees?
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Thanks Debbie pleased its all going in right direction now...

Elainexx
    DebbieT wrote:
    Great news, very happy for you :D x
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Unsure

Well maybe I should be elainebursitis now....Nah I will stick with it cos its still an implant I have inside me now!

Elainexx
    Unsure wrote:
    Unsure

Oh well its about time isn't it and I do still have bursitis on my hips so I'm not out of the woods totally with the NHS treatments....
    I don't know if you can change your username, suspect would have to create a whole new account....

Elainexx
    Unsure wrote:
    Jealous but happy for you.

Will you be changing your user name to elainegoodknees?

Web Manager could change it if you really wanted to, elainebadhip :lol:
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    HI Elaine,
    just a thought but in the young `lingo` bad means good, so maybe your name is ok as it is?!! :lol: And you are just down with the kids 8)
    Sorry, I think nerves are making hysteria set in!!
    I will behave now I promise
    NB
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    NB

Ah you see that's the influence of having your daughter with you? Does that mean im sic? Ha!.....God I feel old though speaking like this!
    Good to see your'e in good spirits, and you will be after the morphine tooo...lol! I gibbered like a wind up toy on speed and called me parents an hour after my op!

Elainexx
    HI Elaine,
    just a thought but in the young `lingo` bad means good, so maybe your name is ok as it is?!! :lol: And you are just down with the kids 8)
    Sorry, I think nerves are making hysteria set in!!
    I will behave now I promise
    NB
  • nearlybionic
    Options
    Hi Elaine,
    You could also say your knee is `dope` like Will.i.am says!!
    I have just taken my Oromorph so maybe that is why I am in a silly mood then!!
    NB
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi NB!!

I love Will.I.am he is a lovely person....Now in an american style im gonna say "girl your'e tripping out".....Legal highs eh?

Elainexx
    Hi Elaine,
    You could also say your knee is `dope` like Will.i.am says!!
    I have just taken my Oromorph so maybe that is why I am in a silly mood then!!
    NB