What else can I do?

Jane390
Jane390 Member Posts: 5
I have got arthritis in my knee, I have had X-rays, had physio, had a steroid injection and taken anti inflammatory and paracetamol nothing seems to help.
I still am in pain, my GP has told me to learn to live with it and keep a positive attitude, which I generally do!
Is there any advice.
Jane

Comments

• roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Jane,

Sorry to hear about the knee and Gp! sometimes they can be unsympathetic but i would suggest go back and explain they are not doing anything and could he suggest something stonger to try.

Heat packs or cold packs on the knee may help depending on which you prefer.

Sorry i cant be of any more help.

arthritis is awful and you have come to the right place, i am sure someone will pop along soon with more help.

Rose x
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Jane390 wrote:
    I have got arthritis in my knee, I have had X-rays, had physio, had a steroid injection and taken anti inflammatory and paracetamol nothing seems to help.
    I still am in pain, my GP has told me to learn to live with it and keep a positive attitude, which I generally do!
    Is there any advice.
    Jane

Dear Jane

Thank you for your posting on the forum. I am sorry to hear that you are in pain but it is good that you are keeping a positive attitude. You could speak to your GP for a review of your pain relief. You could also ask them about a referral to a pain clinic as they are the experts in managing pain if you are finding that nothing is helping. We do have lots of information on managing arthritis that you can download from our website on the link http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/PublicationsandResources/Listedbytype/Booklets. The booklets that you may find particularly helpful are ‘Living with osteoarthritis’, ‘Coping with pain’, ‘Exercise and arthritis’, ‘Healthy eating and arthritis’ and ‘Independent living and arthritis’
    There is also specific information on Osteoarthritis of the knee that you can download from http://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/arthritis-information/conditions/osteoarthritis-of-the-knee.aspx that includes self help and daily living. You can also give us a call here on the helpline on 0808 800 4050 (10am-4pm weekdays) to talk through your concerns with one of our helpline team. I hope this information is helpful to you.

Best Wishes
    Dawn