Epic Fail

jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
edited 27. Apr 2013, 05:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Had a second dose of abatacept today. It was fine last time and fine while it went in but then I started to feel decidedly weird. Arms and ears all tingly and room was gently swaying. My tongue then swelled up and breathing became difficult. I felt dreadful. After many hours I've thankfully now recovered and my colour has finally come back but it was pretty damn scary at the time. The biggest problem is that now I'm not allowed to take any more meds until I get allergy checked at another hospital. This could take weeks or even months. Until then I have to cope. Rubbish.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That must have been extremely scary, Jenzie and very disappointing given that you were OK first time round. However, I'm sure it's better not to risk any more such 'episodes' until you've been properly checked out. I hope this will be soon.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    That must have been really scary for you Jenzie, it's funny how things can work for you one time and the next you take a reactio, hope they sort it out sooner rather than later for you.................tc.............Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Jen that is awful..and very scary..I do hope they can resume when you have been checked over......sorry I haven't a clue about these but I do ...wish you well with it all xx
    Love
    Barbara