It couldn't of come at a worst time, need help.

Options
Specs123
Specs123 Member Posts: 11
edited 1. May 2013, 12:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
My ESA reassessment notice dropped on the mat yesterday, on the same day of being told I need what hopefully looks like to be a benign tumour on the surface of my head removed, I do suffer other health problems, and joined this group a while ago for my arthritis. What I want to ask is would the ESA people put back my reassessment until I have had my op and recovered, not got the fight in me yet to fill in the forms.scared but I know I am in good hands. Hope people don't mind me sharing on here, trying to stay strong .x

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh poor you too much stress all at once
    If i were you i would contact DWP and ask for another date for your assessment also say you want the assessment recorded its a must as they do not tell the truth and try to make you sound fitter than you know! They did that to me so im heading for tribunal now all that stress you can do without at min.
    Have your operation first get yourself strong then tackle them!
    This forum has helped me so much offering great advice, compassion and support
    I hope all goes well and keep posting
    Maria
  • Specs123
    Options
    Thanks Maria, It helps me so much to share with people, I was dreading the form coming before all this, first had a scan 10 weeks ago when they noticed this thing on my head, but surely that has to be a good thing as they know what looks benign and what doesn't, and they would of had me sorted sooner.just feel for my hubby and sons, although my boys are 17 and 22 , but I hate all the upset for them.x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello specs
    Like Maria says, you contact them and explain your circumstances, its bad enough you having to go through all this on top of everything.
    I really do wish you well with the op and everything else..please let us know how you get on (((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Specs123
    Options
    Thanks Barbara, do you think they will understand if I phone them. It's a great help getting people's replys.x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Specs123 wrote:
    Thanks Barbara, do you think they will understand if I phone them. It's a great help getting people's replys.x
    I am sure they will....fingers crossed for you...bring on the tears when you ring them..I am sure it wont take much....good Luck xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • sailrib
    sailrib Member Posts: 327
    Options
    I can't really contribute but I hope you get what you asked for. Good luck with everything. X
  • wynnie
    wynnie Member Posts: 117
    Options
    phone them and explain and ask who you are speaking too and make sure you have a proper name and write it down ,make sure they have recorded it down what you are saying ,good luck with everything xx
  • Specs123
    Options
    Thankyou, all you lovely people. X
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Specs123

Phone them as others have said and explain just how you feel that you haven't the energy to do this just now. I wonder if a letter from a doctor would help? I just hope you get a kind compassionate person who can sense you genuinely need a wee bit of breathing space just now...

Good Luck

Elainexx
    Specs123 wrote:
    My ESA reassessment notice dropped on the mat yesterday, on the same day of being told I need what hopefully looks like to be a benign tumour on the surface of my head removed, I do suffer other health problems, and joined this group a while ago for my arthritis. What I want to ask is would the ESA people put back my reassessment until I have had my op and recovered, not got the fight in me yet to fill in the forms.scared but I know I am in good hands. Hope people don't mind me sharing on here, trying to stay strong .x
  • Specs123
    Options
    Thanks Elaine, just feel so low right now, love from another Elaine .x
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Well hello there fellow Elaine! ....Waves!!

Elainexx
    Specs123 wrote:
    Thanks Elaine, just feel so low right now, love from another Elaine .x
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi
    Hope you managed to sort out your ESA assessment
    I haven't been around for a while so just popped in for update
    Best wishes
    Maria