Happy Birthday Knee

loovechocolate
loovechocolate Member Posts: 77
edited 30. Apr 2013, 06:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
I haven’t been here for some time now sorry but as some of you may remember I wasn’t having a very easy time of it, anyway, thought I’d pop by on my knees birthday and for all of you, who like me are having a not so easy time of it and feel everyone else is bending further or walking quicker than you take heart
@ I am, I now have no arthritic pain in the knee and because I’m not putting pressure on the other leg now it’s not so painful in fact I rarely feel it now and every day I feel just a little better than the day before.
What a roller coaster year it’s been, I’ve been through every emotion and every pain barrier, been in that black hole and cried because I couldn’t do something I wanted to but I’ve been on a cruise holiday firstly to the med from Southampton in Sept cause the consultant wouldn’t let me fly and then to the Caribbean in Nov and finally in Jan we did 6 weeks in NZ and Oz 3 weeks on a ship and 3 weeks touring, had the house completely renovated and helped our son move house.

So I think what I’m trying to say here is if like me you’re not in the A stream this is what my consultant told me at 15 weeks “We are all different some are hares and some are tortoise’s”, well I’m a tortoise Happy Birthday Knee you’ve changed my life for the better xxxx.

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good on you and I hope you and knee have had a really good birthday. ;)
    An inspiring post and a great incentive to those, like yourself, where the post op journey has unfortunately not stuck to the usual pattern of recovery.

I found this posting uplifting and surely will help others. Thank you for posting. I wish you well.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    That is a brilliant post...it will give others hope that have had any replacement...we all move at a different pace and there are lots of ups and downs but you do get there in the end.....you carry on enjoying your holidays and your Knee... :D:D
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Lovechocolate

No it doesn't matter how we get to where we want to be, the point is we get there and if you are having less pain and can do more then your one year knee is doing the business. Everyone does indeed recover differently that is what we need to keep remembering...
    Anyhow I like tortoises and he won the race over mr hare in the end didn't he?

Elainexx
  • barry2013
    barry2013 Member Posts: 151
    Glad you hear your 1st birthday has come and you are doing great, had mine done in Feb this year and everything going well. we all heal at differenent rates but what does it matter as long as we get to where we want to be.
    Barry.
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Glad to see you are doing well with your knee.Happy birthday.