New but need some advice please

1940girl
1940girl Member Posts: 7
edited 4. May 2013, 04:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
I have had ra in my neck and jaw for 11 years and until lately haven't had much trouble. Recently though the pain and stiffness has started to get worse and am having trouble sleeping as my neck constantly aches and wondered if it was my pillow. Does anyone else have this problem and could maybe recommend a pillow that would support my neck.

Many thanks

Heather

Comments

• salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    i've got a three-way contour memory foam pillow. It's very good as you can use the pillow different ways depending on how you sleep. Solved my neck pain problem. It's not one that begins with a T!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Heather and welcome to the forum
    The right pillow will certainly help...but you need to try them out...the onesI have tried are off the shopping channel...norther nig***you can send them back if not suitable...the one I have is a medium firm one...hope you get sorted ...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • 1940girl
    1940girl Member Posts: 7
    Hi again,

Thanks for replying. I have a memory foam pillow, but it doesn't really support my neck so I will have a look online and see what I can find. I have seen those shaped pillows advertised on the telly and wondered if one of those would help. I hope everyone is as well as can be, its such a shame any of us need to come on here but at the same time its good to know we are not alone.

Heather
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Pillows are a problem in that they're another of those areas in which we're all different. I'm with salamander. I take my shaped memory foam one everywhere. My son once bought me a 'non-shaped' memory foam one for when we stay there but it's not the same and I've reverted to taking my own.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright