Cimzia (certolizumab pegol)

claireml
claireml Member Posts: 5
Hi - I wondered if you can give me any advice on how to move successfully my RA treatment following our move from Hertfordshire to Hampshire.

I have had RA for 20 years and for the last few years have had a constant major flare and was finally approved in February 2013 for Cimzia. Just after receiving the approval we moved to Hampshire and when I spoke with my new GP he said he had never heard of Cimzia and that I should speak with my Hertfordhire rheumatologist about a rheumatologist in Hampshire. I have spoken with Hertfordshire who said that it should be the GP in Hampshire that should confirm who I see. I now have only 2 Cimzia injections left and am so scared that my flare up is going to start again once these have been taken. I have made another appointment to see my new GP today but the first appointment is for next Friday (I will then my down to 1 Cimzia injection).

Any advice will be greatly received.

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,450
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Clare thank you for you’re posting on the forum.

This must be such a worrying time for you, I can hear your fears around your flare up starting again if your Cimzia gets used up and completely understand your concerns. It sounds as if the whole situation at the moment needs to be dealt with as soon as possible.

I am glad that you have an appointment booked with your new GP, however my feeling is that you call the surgery and request an urgent GP appointment as it is imperative that you are able to get to see a new rheumatologist.

In the meantime maybe you could speak to your previous rheumatologist regarding this situation and he/she may be able to tide you over with the treatment until you have been seen by your new consultant and treatment resumed.

Clare if you go onto the Arthritis Care website and go into the ‘living with arthritis’
    http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/forums/living-with-arthritis-forum-f8/ you will find great support from your peers.

We at the Helplines will also support you to please do not hesitate to give us a call 0808 800 4050 (Monday – Friday 10am – 4pm) if you would like to have an informal chat.

I do hope that you are able to deal with this as soon as you can and alleviate the worry you are going through.

Best wishes
    Lynda