Bleep!!

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 3. May 2013, 15:05 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello Folks,

Well it's now 2.55am and I'm on here wide awake!! Went to bed as normal feeling very tired as Hubby was away with work last night and tonight and I never sleep particularly well when he is away but I really thought I had it nailed tonight.

I was in quite a deep sleep when I regained 'consciousness' with quite a start-Bleep! I tried to ignore it but my heart was pounding. I'd just calmed myself when Bleep! Smoke alarm! not bleeping constantly but every 30seconds. Well we have 2smoke alarms one upstairs and one downstairs both in the hall. Well the one downstairs had started bleeping yesterday and Ichanged the battery so it couldn't be that one but I always change both batteries at the same time but could only find one new one and thought that I'd be ok until I next go shopping. So I dragged my achy body out of bed down stairs into garage to get step ladder back upstairs and after a 'hair raising' climb I removed the battery. I left the step ladder where it was went back to bed and was just climbing in when 'Bleep'! I dragged myself back out of bed and stood like an eejit under the now empty smoke alarm looking at it in disbelief. Bleep! **** it it was coming from downstairs! Then I thought have we got a fire somewhere? So did the rounds downstairs and everything was fine. Due to the early hour it took a bit of time to comput that the alarm was only going Bleep once every 30 seconds and not constantly bleeping! When I had realised this I had to go back upstairs get the step ladder drag it and me downstairs and try and fix the other alarm. But of course it only bleeps every 30seconds so I'm up on the step ladders trying to push the battery in harder and waiting for the bloody thing to go bleep! Well I couldn't fix it. So in a last ditch attempt to get some peace I removed that battery too. Thank goodness the bleeping stopped.

So I went back to bed after climbing the '13 steps of pain!' ( I.e. The stairs) and lay back down. I was so achy by this point I could have cried. When I had calmed down and started to relax I suddenly had the thought " we have no functioning smoke alarm" and well you've guessed it I'm wide awake now.

So that's my night of sleep gone! Guess what Hubby will be doing as soon as he gets home?

Love Kate x

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Why do things always happen when the OH is away? I had a fuse go while OH was off somewhere and I cannot bend down enough to flick the switch, so most of the house remained in darkness, although the extension was okay. I had the children with me but they wouldn't/couldn't help.

And there is always a giant spider who appears when he is away!

I don't know how you managed with those stairs and step ladders!!! :o I think I'd have gone back to sleep....

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Kate :?

That sounded like the night from hell.

Those bloomin things :roll:

I hope all batteries changed now and a good night's sleep ahead for you.

I would have been exactly the same - safety first

Love

Toni xxx