You have to laugh

Options
knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 3. May 2013, 14:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
Sat in the sun on the decking area among the plants and water features at our local garden centre this morning and enjoyed a fresh warm fruit scone with strawberry jam and a real pot of tea. In fact, it was so peaceful and relaxing I could have sat there all day. Once replenished I popped into their little shop as I needed a decorative cane cap for an indoor plant, but they didn't have any. Instead, I came out with a posh handmade bird table :lol: .

Does anybody else have difficulty in leaving a garden centre without spending a vast sum of money? I hope our birds appreciate it!

Have a good weekend one and all.

Janet xx

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You should try the one 300 yards up the road from here called route one, a packet of seeds is £6!, the plastic pots i grew spuds in last year I bought at Wilkinson's in Didcot for £6 each, up the road they are asking £27!, a rose plant is £18 and there's always people in there talk about rip off central that's why I get my seeds from pound land and my roses from e bay, got 3 plants from there and all are really healthy and looking nice out on the patio.
    Oh yeah does anyone have a good supplier of Mason bee nest tubes, I have around 400 tubes out on the back wall and there's a swarm of at least 30 bees round them so I could do with another couple of hundred but they're not cheap, it was the same last year even with the rain.
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Garden Centres used to be our love, walking around looking at all the lovely things that would be to expensive. But that has stopped now. Tony cant make it any more. But I do love them. We do much the same as you Mellman. By the way, lovely to see you again. Pound shops and places like that.

We did use them when we had our tropical fish tank. But we are running that down now. only 2 fish. left then we will sell it.

Sorry, went into a waffle there. :roll:
    Karen xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Janet we have a brilliant garden center nearby...I love it...one of those places you could spend hours...outside and in..and a very large cafe... :lol: its my life's pleasure going there..but OH isn't to keen on gardening...so I have to persuade him.... :lol::lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Mell I don't believe you have pound lands down there... :o:lol: hey we have wilkies....good value
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Mellman is a secret poundland shopper Barbara :lol:

Janet like you I always spend far tooo much in gardencentres, but they AFRE a dying bread ATM so I hear :( So perhaps if we can spare a bit.... :?

Anyway the eldest has applied for a job at our local one.

I very much liek unsure's idea about the canes Mell for your bees?

I have plenty of broken ones you could use....

love

Tonixxx