No, I don't want to talk to you.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 8. May 2013, 03:53 in Community Chit-chat archive
I recently treated myself to a new mobile phone. It and me are getting on OK-ish but, when loading my contacts I found that no matter how many times I put in Mr DD's mobile number it came up with a little symbol and he couldn't ring me; text yes, but ring? He went straight to my voicemail. I didn't know why.

Yesterday he and me blundered out of Arlingtons (after a lovely lunch) and went into town. I found myself near the 'phone shop so whiile he went to HMV for some CD browsing I went in to find out what was wrong with his number.

Nothing, it turned out. Somehow, when adding his details to my contact list, I had managed to make him a blocked number. :oops: :lol: The very, very young man who told me this (I am sure his parents don't know he's being illegally employed :wink: ) spent about five seconds, his thumbs a blur of activity, 'un-blocking' my lovely man. I 'fessed up when we reunited outside HMV. We both laughed but me more than him. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello DD
    i'm pleased you can now phone Mr DD. have a good week.
    i hope things are getting on all right.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    Oh DD, I know how you feel, I went into the phone shop the other day and the really nice young man sorted my problem in about 5 seconds flat, the worse thing was he looked about 12yrs old,

My grandson helped me to sync my phone to the puter, he was so patient with me...he obviously knew I'd forget how to do it so his parting words were, *don't worry nan, just text me and I'll be over when you have a problem*.....now my son says *get the instructions out mum*

I really think the younger ones are more patient!!!
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I now know how to make a call and send texts and pictures I can forward things to those who matter to me ,I can answer the phone and read texts from the people who matter to me ,I can go on the Internet if I wish ,it does a whole lot more should I want it to ,I am happy with it at the moment,would I get confused trying to do anything else you bet ,so I shall stick to what I know. Mig
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Sounds like the sort of thing I'd do DD. I just ask my GD to sort it out for me. Takes her seconds. :lol:
    Christine
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    Options
    hi dream daisy
    had to laugh at this one dd, its not just me a silly young man!
    im still trying to work out how to switch mine on :lol:
    dd do you think im past learning or should i just admit defeet in the eyes
    of youth :wink:
    i think i probably need more tabs :P :lol:
    mike26 :roll:
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I think if I had done that my OH would have thought I did it on purpose because since we got our new phones he seems to text and call more then ever and it can be annoying when you have two (getting bigger) kittens in your arms!!
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Hi DD,

My phone is playing me up and I've only had it a year but I'm thinking of getting a new one so what phone did you get, how is it for ease of use and would you recommend it?

Thanks

Love Kate x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I thought I was a confirmed BlackBerry girl but the Samsung Galaxy III seduced me with its large touchscreen (a-maaaaaaa-zing) and the fact it came in blue. :oops: The pluses for me are a fab camera, it looks gorgeous (stupid I know) and it has some good pre-loaded apps (I like flipboard). The cons? Ghastly emoticons, horrid coloured 'speech bubbles' with texts and I find that I need a stylus to type 'cos my thumbs can't cope with the 'virtual' keyboard. That could be me though, I admit I am not testing it under the best of conditions. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oooh, thank you for that, Unsure, I shall go and investigate. I used to be reasonably 'up' with technology but no longer - it's left me behind. :oops: DD