Hobbies

Options
emsjane
emsjane Member Posts: 351
edited 11. Jan 2014, 19:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all,

I was just wondering, for all you out there who aren't very mobile and your hands aren't too good either, have you found any good hobbies?? Besides the obvious like reading!! ;)
LOVE EMMA X

Comments

• jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I do jigsaws on the laptop , keeps me entertained for hours , usually when my hubby is watching football on sky ! Jillyb
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I play games on my PS Vita.
    I'm also trying to teach myself to crochet :roll: Not an easy task with fingers that don't bend, or are permanently bent, can't grasp, and won't do as I ask them :lol: My daughter says she's never heard such language. :shock:
    Numpty
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    I started making greeting cards, but ran out of celebrations to make for and then I got bored with it. The older I get the more difficult I find it to get really *into* something, my attention span seems to be getting shorter!!
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I enjoy reading (Of course!!), jigsaws on the computer like jilly and doing word searches.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    I am doing (slowly) a tapestry. :D

and I love my garden - even if a fair bit of it is me telling my husband what to do :lol:
  • emsjane
    emsjane Member Posts: 351
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Online jigsaws sounds like fun! ;)
    LOVE EMMA X
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I enjoy pottering in the garden but am looking for something to do when I can't do that. I'm trying to get back in to reading but can't get interested enough to stick with the story. I'm like you Numps, not got a very long attention span these days. Online jigsaws sound good.
    Christine
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,955
    Options
    Hello Emsjane
    i do the jigsaws as well i also take photos of my dog andput them on the jigsaw site and make them into a jigsaw.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    humbug
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • Mormodook
    Mormodook Member Posts: 130
    Options
    I've come late to this discussion but I was just about to ask everyone the same question. I've started painting and drawing again and I also make candles ( although I've had to stop as I've made too many ! ) Candle making is very easy on the joints ! I'm wanting to learn a new craft hobby that isn't too taxing on the hands but as yet I've not found something. I tried crochet but it was a disaster ! :oops: