My Randy little boy!!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 20. May 2013, 10:22 in Community Chit-chat archive
I'm hating this time in the cat calendar Willow is on heat for the 1st time and Arnie is bothering her and trying to hump her every minute of the day! They are both booked in to be neutered but it's a fortnight away. So I'm having to try and watch him every minute of the day and when he jumps her get him off her and tell him off! But the other problem is Willow is leading him on now and then rolling around on her back with her legs open as if it say 'come and get it boys!' She can be a tease! I spoke to the vets and they just said 'oh if she is pregnant we will just abort the litter before we neuter her' which made me feel bad. But it can't be right the brother humping the sister, it's like a bad soap opera! And to top it all off the vet said this will happen every time Willow comes on heat with Arnie wanting to hump her! :shock: Any other kitty owners getting this problem?

Comments

• frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    When I had a boy and girl kitten I had them both done before the girl came into season so I didn't have any problems! I warn you that she will be in a worse way than him when they come home afterwards. My boy kitten didn't even notice (neither did my male dog when I had him done) but my girl cat was under the weather for a few days. My bitch was off colour after she was done too. Much more invasive for us girls than them boys!

Reminds me of that joke where the posh old lady calls the vet out because her female cat seems to be getting fat. When he comes in he asks if she could be pregnant (the cat that is). The lady says "no, she never goes out". Then in walks a big old tom cat so the vet asks "well what about that tom cat?" and she says "don't be silly - that's her brother"!! :lol:
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    Oh dear bubba, what a nightmare! When I got Lilly and her brother they hadn't been *done* so I booked them both in for the *job* but a couple of weeks before they were due to be 'done', Lilly became the house 'tart' any opportunity she would present herself to Beu, I don't think he knew exactly what to do so I spoke to the vet (you can imagine how that conversation went!) she took *madam* in almost straight away and Beu too, she did say that all sorts of complications can arise if brother an sister breed together, much like humans, Lil' recovered quite quickly and Beu just kept looking at the absence of his equipment.

I hope they get *sorted* soon
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Oh Dear Amanda

Coincidence that as my ex SIL has 'aquired' a 'kitten' who I am sure is impregnated though not in any way fully grown.

Can you put some knickers on her :?
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Sounds like an episode of Jerry Springer , what a nightmare . Jillyb
  • numptynora
    Options
    Oh lordy, I have an image of bubba's kitten walking round with some frilly knickers on!!
    Numps x
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Shouting at me would not have put me off and as for laying with legs a kimbo
    ever heard of a rat up a drainpipe. thats one slow dog.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Cats don't have the same view of incest as humans...The cat rescue places are only too familiar with the results of folks assuming that their darling kitties will show some restraint.Years ago friends of my ex were quite put out to find their lovely black kitten(as they saw him) having his wicked way with both his sisters in their basket on top of the boiler in the kitchen. Made for some interesting discussions with their children at breakfast time.
    Mind you they're not that fussy about whether the other party is a cat either. I well remember the consternation when 2(different) friends discovered their cats(neutered toms in both cases) ******** their pet rabbits. One girl didn't believe us when we said that the rabbit wouldn't get pregnant, and had to be reassured by the vet.

Edited by Moderator J
  • bubbadog
    Options
    I couldn't stop laughing at the posts everyone put! I like the idea of putting some frilly knickers on Willow. She does lead poor Arnie on sometimes. But she does give Arnie a good beating if he annoys her! Countdown to my babies being snipped has started 12 days and counting!!
  • numptynora
    Options
    Awww, bless their little.......

It's a shame it's against the law to treat some humans the same way.....just saying like :idea:
    Numps x
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Yes, I know the feeling numpty!! :lol: But to watch them is really sweet, they do take care of each other and they have a close bond but like any brother and sister they do fight. Willow is the leader and she is very clever she has learned to use the catflap in to the utility room and is in and out all the time, but Arnie he is so layed back he just cries when he wants the door open! I just hope Willow will give him a kick up the backside and teach him how to use it.
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    I was wondering where this post was going when I saw the title!
    Phew! Cats!
    My little cat adopted us 6 yrs ago and when we took her to the vets he said he couldn't tell if she was neutered unless he did tests so said just wait and see!
    Luckily no kittens so must be neutered my kids were not happy as they wanted kittens
    She's not so good at min has lost fur on tummy and hinde legs vet thinks she's stressed so on happy pills 10 days later s
    No improvement so I'm not sure any ideas
    Oh just remembered as usual went off on a tangent
    There's a brilliant collar out there a bit pricey but worth it as its better than the plastic collar it looks like a lifeboat belt round the neck called pro collar it's worth investing in as its much better my cat doesn't mind it and doesn't walk into things can see where she is going and can eat and drink with it on.
    This is not a selling ploy but just wanted to share with you how good it is my vet was impressed with it too
    Hope your cats will be ok after they have their little ops
    Maria
  • numptynora
    Options
    ** but Arnie he is so layed back he just cries when he wants the door open!**

I hope she does teach him Bubba, my sister spent so much time (over months and months) trying to teach hers to use the cat flap but was never successful. Like yours, prefered to sit at the door :roll: :lol:
    Numps x
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Cats aren't daft, why bother pushing through a flap when you can train your human to open the door properly for you.....