Company of Young Bigots

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 15. May 2013, 07:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

I went away for the weekend and was in my brother's partner's house as we went out for a meal for her son's 18th...Now in the past my brother has had major problems with these lads, not one of them work, the yougest gets taken to school in centre of glasgow and they live in east kilbride...
Anyhow evening went okay then back at house got onto subject of twin towers for some reason...One of the lads, the middle one put it to me in a nice way that it is a consipracy theory, I didnt agree but it was fine and I will read the things he told me to..However the birthday boy stated "I don't think its the worst thing that is going to happen, so what 3,000 people died"...Well I kept me gob shut...Then onto UKIP how they don't like immigrants but don't like UKIP either (funny as they don't want immigrants either) or Cameron or Clegg which I agree are not the best but show me a politician who is? It then came out the birthday boy is a royalist and came out with awful comments. Again I kept schtum....Then the subject of Maggie came along and there was pure venom in BB's voice...I said whatever you disliked about her she was a strong woman no denying that, he erupted launched into a full tirade at me, not willing to give an inch and even saying Scargill had nothing to do with MT.....I then pointed out that people in history dislike or like them are strong to which he said Hitler was a hero! We called a stop to the discussion but BB was so pumped up and full of venom he kept making snide comments all the time...His gran who has dementia didn't like conflict so I kept me gob shut....
I know everyone has opinions but this young man is so bigotted it was untrue...To hate so many things/people was a disgrace I think.....To me it epitomises the sheep mentality that we saw after MT's funeral and i think she should not have had a state funeral too but would never hate with so much venom...
I was ashamed to be in this young man's company....But sorry also to say that I seem to experience a lot of royalism and hatred towards english parliament whilst in scotland...As im moving there later this year hope its not prevalent as much as i think it could be..

Elainexx

Comments

• numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I applaud you for keeping your mouth shut Elaine, I'm afraid I couldn't do that, the need to have my say would overwhelm me, the sarcasm would roll out and I would probably walk out in a strop.
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Hi Unsure

Unfortunately the problem appears to be where these boys are schooled which is maryhill, glasgow - I say this cos all three of them have the same ideas (not all as venomously) and all brought up byt their gran who is fine but if i can say this - is not a particularly well educated person and in certain parts of cities opinions are shared, nobody breaks out of the norm...I found it very sad..

Elainexx
    Unsure wrote:
    The problem with the yoof of today is that they have been indoctrinated by red top newspapers, Jeremy Kyle and often their parents and trying to reason with them is next to impossible.

Well done for the silent treatment in respect for his Gran.

I've not lived in Scotland but the few Scots I know have no problems with the English and I have never encountered racism in my travels there either, unlike North Wales.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    nobody breaks out of the norm.....

That is the problem. They hear what they hear, think it is gospel and then spout it about. When you actually tackle them about it they don't want to know!
    I remember watching a programme many years ago where a group of boys claimed certain groups don't work then in the same breath claiming they took all the jobs!

Elizabeth xx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein