Crikey - today an old man reitred.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 9. May 2013, 13:47 in Community Chit-chat archive
The gum-chomping-purple-veined-Famous Grouse is retiring.

Apparently one MU fan was far too upset to go to work - :? - and another was awoken by his mother with the words 'I have some bad news.' He thought it might be about a family member but, apparently on learning that S.A.F. was retiring he admitted that it 'was worse than that'. :o

What will happen when he shuffles off his mortal coil? According to Mr DD he will more than likely be forgotten by then so six months of national mourning won't be required. :wink: DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    D.D.
    Great manager, but I agree, don't get me started on some of his antics.
    Officials will be glad to see the back off him, not a very nice man, but I hear he's better when off camera.
    By the way, I'm glad Ipswich are turning the corner. Alanthemanc
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Why a few days ago did he say he had no intention of retiring when he knew it wasn't true. Mig
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    probably to work people up so that when he announced, it everyone one would feel bereft and would shout in unison AWWWWWWWWW how will we manage without him.

Publicity!!

I know, I'm a cynical old fart
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I read that he was hoping to have a THR during the small break in the football season but said it shouldn't effect his job. Careful what you write because he may be looking for some tips on AC :wink:

I actually preferred Tommy Docherty.....

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Tommy Docherty that's a blast from the past
    I'm not a Man U fan but it is an amazing achievement to be a manager forso long especially these days
    So who does Mr DD think or want to be the next manager?
    Maria
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I have to admit I couldn't care less - what staggered me was the utterly over-the-top reaction to the news that an old man was retiring. I'm a rugby girl myself - rugby has everything that footy lacks, especially ethics, games and manners. DD
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I have to admit I couldn't care less - what staggered me was the utterly over-the-top reaction to the news that an old man was retiring. I'm a rugby girl myself - rugby has everything that footy lacks, especially ethics, games and manners. DD
    I agree with you DD but its also those lovely muscly arms and legs and the fact they don't act like fairies when injured not like the footballers who get a tap on their arm and go down as if someone has punched them in the face!
    Keep posting I love reading yours I'm still chuckling over the water capers on one of your posts
    Take care
    Maria
  • mig
    Options
    Okay now we are getting serious big beefy hairy rugby men bring them on .Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Me and Mr DD shared a lift with a player from the Exeter Chiefs, the Saturday evening before their Sunday game and my Ma's funeral on the Monday.

I couldn't help myself. :oops: He was staying on the same floor as us and, just before the lift arrived at the right level, I blurted out 'Aren't you a lovely shape?' And he was, 6' 5", all broad shoulders, firm muscles, narrow waist and tapering hips. (Where's a 'phwooooooar' emoticon when you need one? :wink: ) I then looked at Mr DD, all 5' 4" of him, rather 'wobbly' and distinctly saggy and my heart turned over (with joy, I hasten to add). Mr Rugby Player went all blushy, Mr DD said 'Behave, wife!' and I giggled.

So, David Moyes has a six-year contract with Man U despite not leading Everton to anything noteworthy. (I think I'm right on that.) It will be interesting to see if he lasts the six years. One slight thing in Man U's favour is they appeared to 'stick' with a manager but who knows now?
    DD
  • mig
    Options
    In a lift with a rugby player ,the stuff that dreams are made of.

In a lift with a rugby player and your husband !?'x @&?;/- "&;/-?!'m need I say more .Mig