10 week check up check in!

Options
frogmella
frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
edited 12. May 2013, 06:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI

I am now 10 weeks post op from my spinal fusion and saw my lovely surgeon this morning. He is really pleased with me. Don't know why - it is him that has fixed me, I just followed the rules!! :lol:

He seemed surprised when I told him that I have upped my swimming to 24 lengths everyday this week (in fact he said "bl*@dy H*@l!) but when I was doing 16 lengths three times last week, 8 the week before and 4 the week before it didn't seem like a lot to me. He didn't say I couldn't though but doesn't want me to up it much more for a while. The week before my op I was doing a mile (64 lengths) every day so I am nowhere near at my usual! I am allowed to increase my walking now too.

I go back to work on 20th May. I am only 25% so don't have to do too many hours so I go back to my normal timetable. I just hope I have managed to kick my afternoon nap habit by then because I have a lot of afternoons!

I am still banned from proper housework and will be for another 9 months. With Mr F working the hours he does we have a cleaner but she doesn't do it properly, well not for me anyway! He said I can do the topping up of the bits she misses!!

Anyway - I feel good. I doubt I will stick to his limited swimming regime once the summer hols arrive - I've got a good stone or so to lose and I find it so hard without doing proper exercise. I love food too much!

Again, thanks for all your support!

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Frogmella
    It sounds like you are doing great! I am hoping to start swimming again and aquasize when I am `healed` . I am not as fit as you though re lengths and will need to build it up slowly. How have you managed getting in and out of the pool? Do you use the metal steps?
    Your comment about the cleaner made me smile! I haven`t got one, but know I would be the same , thinking they aren`t as thorough as me.
    Good luck when you go back to work x
    NB
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Oh, I have been getting in just like normal - sit on the side and get in. Better than pre op actually!

I love swimming and have a lot of friends there that have seen me through all this rubbish! It is my outlet. I am glad he said I can go as often as I like, just not to swim as much! You will soon build it up - it doesn't take long, honest!
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    You are doing great sweetie, a real trouper! Keep up the good work but remember don't over do it and listen to your body!!