What would you do if....?

Options
knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 19. May 2013, 09:42 in Community Chit-chat archive
What would you do if an elderly friend gave you a glass of blackcurrant juice that had green sludge floating on top?

Would you:-

a) Carry on drinking it so as not to cause embarrassment.
b) Suddenly remember you have an appointment at the dentist.
c) Just leave it on the side.

or, as I did without thinking, say "Er, there's something floating in my glass".

When I looked at the bottle, it was one of those cordials which should be kept in the fridge once opened and the juice inside was just green sludge.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Janet xx

Comments

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,181
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    ugh ugh ugh :shock: I would have to say something in any situation like that, fear of making myself ill would overcome manners I'm afraid! I hope they hadn't been drinking it themselves at some point, when it was halfway between cordial & sludge say.. they survived it obviously, maybe they routinely eat bread with green mouldy whiskers &c and have become inured, poor souls. Oh dear. :?
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    sounds horrible i'm afraid I would have to say something :)
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    i would have to tell he as he may be drinking it and making him feel sick
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I too would have to say something. My ex-mother-in-law always gave us salad sandwiches with caterpillars in and my dad always has something in the fridge that looks a funny colour.
    Christine
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Elderly auntie buys food in bulk whenever it's on offer ; as she lives alone and has meals on wheels ; everything is out of date ! We no longer visit but have her to stay with us so we can be sure of edible food ! xx
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    Oh applerose I know exactly what you mean. My elderly uncle would always produce a wonderful large salad for us when we visited, but he never washed anything. He would cut a lettuce into quarters and we would have to crunch our way through. Wouldn't like to think what we may have swallowed, but it never did us any harm :roll: .

Janet
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I think I'd have just left it and said I'm not thirsty! I often refuse food/drink at other peoples houses because I am so fussy, just incase the crockery/glass is not cleaned very well. You can usually tell by the state of the kitchen and heaven help if I have to use the dirty loo!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein