Meth and Sore Throat

Options
wag22
wag22 Member Posts: 10
edited 16. May 2013, 10:03 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everyone'
Got up this morning with a sore throat and not sure how or if this affect's my Methetrexate injection, can I still do this on Tuesday or will I have to wait until its better, any help appreciated.....thank you.

Comments

• maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    If I was you I would contact your GP
    My methotrexate books says any signs of sore throats not to have it and contact GP just looked through it now
    Maria
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I was told by my hospital not to take my meth if I have a sore throat, so I don't. Please check with your rheumatology department though because other hospitals say differently. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I hope you've managed to get this one sorted. I'm with DD. Check with your rheumatology helpline. Meth can cause throat problems but usually it's just a bogstandard cold or throat infection that's the culprit. However, with a depressed immune system, these can be harder to throw off so better safe than sorry.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • wag22
    wag22 Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello again, well today was is the day I do my injection and I woke up this morning with no sore throat thank goodness, so I am back on my normal course..... happy days.
  • lizzy100
    lizzy100 Member Posts: 235
    Options
    iv had a sore throat for several days, reallly sore, and increased my methotrexate to 20mg a couple of weeks ago. i got my bloods checked and they were normal. but throat still sore. didnt bother telling anyone i just got my bloods checked, as thats all the docs going to do.