Bit of a turn

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 16. May 2013, 14:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Oh dear, that doesn't sound pleasant - I hope you are feeling better now and those paramedics were good in how they looked after you. I must admit that whenever I've forgotten meds I have not taken anything else in place of them - just for a week-end I doubt it would matter that much but if it was to be for longer, say a week, I would go and see a GP. I keep my repeat prescription slips in my meds box so that if I do run out I can get some more. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That sounds very scary, Unsure. My worst packing task, when going away, is the meds as I'm so paranoid I'll forget something or not take enough but also determined not to take unnecessary stuff.

Like you, I'd want to know exactly which anti-inflamm that was. I've never had a reaction like that to any of them and never had such a sudden reaction. Definitely one to keep away from. I'd be interested to know what it was if you ever find out.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Oh dear poor you
    I never ever take any medication that a) I don't know what it's called and b) if I don't know the side effects I'd rather stay in pain
    The paramedic should have told you what you were taking and the risks involved and should have asked you to go see your GP for a check up
    Always make sure you know what your medication is what it's for how to take it and the possible side effects if you normally do ignore what I'm saying
    It's the nurse in me! It always amazes me when patients used to say well its a pink one the doctor gave me it but don't know why?
    I'm terrible I need to know everything abt my meds now I'm the same with my daughters and parents meds too I check them all the time
    I hope you are okay now
    Maria
  • stickywicket
    Options
    maria09 wrote:
    It always amazes me when patients used to say well its a pink one the doctor gave me it but don't know why?

Going back many years, my late father-in-law had two experiences of operations, the first in a teaching hospital and the second in a small, Cottage Hospital. The former were very careful and precise with the meds trolley. In the latter he was once asked by the dispensing nurse "Is it the little red pills you take or the large yellow ones?" :shock: :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Oh, what a horrible experience you had. And not being near home, I can imagine you were very scared. Lets hope that you get over the horrible feelings this pill has given you. I certainly would be curious as to what pill the paramedic gave you.

Feel well soon.
    Karen xx
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Glad to hear that you're feeling better- powerful stuff all this medication we depend on! Tramadol had much the same effect on me, with the added interest of terrible palpitations and wheezing- needless to say they were disposed of very quickly after the 1st dose.
    :?
    Deb xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Gosh unsure

I hope you can establish what it was so you can avoid it for EVER!

I bet that paramedic was terrified!

Under ICE I have my emergency contact too in my phone - well organised aren't you :D

Love

Toni xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Gosh what a scare Unsure, I am glad to see you are feeling a bit better I am paranoid when I am going away triple checking the meds bag but not the first time I have went away without something due to the brain fog :? ......................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    That must have been very scary but glad you are feeling better now.
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    Options
    :shock: No wonder, indeed. That shouldn't have happened and could have had serious results.

In the days when I was on Penicillamine, I always had to check my pills when in hospital as someone, somewhere would be sure to give me Penicillin instead.
    Steven Wright